Friday, August 3, 2018

Frugal Friday 256

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- My sister came to visit! We treated her to ice cream and a day out downtown. We enjoyed shopping local at Hoosier Cupboard Candy, Anna's Style Boutique, ToodleyDoo Toys, and Wild Geese Bookshop. As always, Aunt Lu treated the kids to one book each from the bookstore. She also treated us to $2 Twilight Swim at the city pool. About 40 minutes into our swim, the power went out and the pool had to close :( I was glad we had gone at the cheap time since she paid. We ended up having a movie night and showed the kids one of our favorite movies from Grandma Chico's house: Baby's Day Out. 

- Sunday we enjoyed a family day, which sadly has become a bit rare. We went to church together, had lunch at Mark's parents, and then Mark and I took the kids out for ice cream. They enjoyed eating it outside and walking around downtown a bit. We are really working to slow down our fall so that we can spend more time as just the four of us.

- I closed out an AMAZING Cards for a Cause fundraiser for our dance studio through my Usborne Books & More business. In just 14 days, I helped families earn $1000 for dance fees. If you, or your organization, are interested in earning lots of money, quickly please ask me about starting your own Cards for a Cause fundraiser today.

- As the dance season, begins families have begun selling dancewear. I was able to snag the next size of tap shoes for Annabeth for just $5 (they are $30 new!)

- Now that we are back to school, we spend the majority of of our time dedicated to school time. This helps to eliminate gas and outing costs.

- Today marks 12 years since Mark and I began our relationship. Over the summer, we went down to Lutheran Lake for a cookout and for the fireworks show. We were engaged during the fireworks show in 2007 and it was very special to take the kids back to "our" bridge on fireworks night.

 12 years ago today, at about 1 am, I said to Mark, "I think I am in love with you"
to which he romantically replied, "Well, Louisville and Franklin aren't that far apart"
Little did I know that would begin a lifetime of love. 
So happy to have shown our children where the four of us began
I scored $.50 glow-stick-wands after the 4th of July and we took
them to the fireworks show that night.

We are looking for a weekend with dear friends who we have missed for too long!

Happy Savings to All! 




No comments: