Friday, August 17, 2018

Frugal Friday 258

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I redeemed a FREE Starbucks drink that I eanred on my card but forgot I had. They e-mailed me to say it was expiring so I happily used it on our drive to Evansville last Saturday.

- Sunday, we visited Mesker Park Zoo with my family. I had decided to buy the year pass so we could get them in free AND save on zoos we plan to visit in the next year as they are an AZA recipricol zoo. Mama and Dad surprised us and paid for the pass. It was also 10% off as an August special. Thank you all! The zoo, especially Mesker Park, is one of my favorite places and I cannot wait to go all year!

- Sunday night, we drove out to Bluegrass Nature Preserve to observe the Meteor Shower. I saw maybe four or five and then Owen and I headed home for baths and bed around 10. The rest stayed out longer and enjoyed some brighter ones as it go later.

- Tuesday the kids enjoyed a mudhike and creek/waterfall play with my Dad at Wesselman Woods. They used a pass from the library to get in free - saved $15. They also spent a few hours playing at a local library and were excited to run into Uncle Jeff while there.

- Wednesday, Dad and I took the kids to the Children's Museum of Evansville. We have a year pass so we all got in for free. There were only three other families there and we had so much fun having it basically to ourselves!

- On our Evansville trip, we were completely spoiled by my family with lots of eat-out meals at each of our favorite places, snowcones at a place with a playground, and visits to Momaw's house. Momaw sent us home with cookies and a new, fancy flower pot for Annabeth who loves to plant flowers.


- Yesterday, a childhood friend stopped by my parents' house with her two children. We grew up together and it was so fun to have our four kids play together before we left town.

- Since the kids and I have been out of town for about two weeks, we haven't been to the grocery for two weeks. On the days we were home in between we just ate what we had on hand. While we were gone, Mark alternated between PB&J and some delivery pizza. This weekend I am headed up north for a Banana Box sale and then following that I'll make a big list and shop the regular grocery. I cannot wait to see, and share, what I find at the Banana Box Sale!

The kids and I were so thankful for a week at home with my family. I am so thankful for the blessing of homeschooling and for the flexibility it provides us to make visits when we need to.

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: