Friday, August 24, 2018

Frugal Friday 259

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday, I headed up north to Under the Sun for their Banana Box Sale. I stuffed $130 worth of groceries into a box for $15. I did buy some pasta/canned goods because that is what we eat but friends I went with got more items like Lara Bars and each had boxes that retail would have been $200+!!

- Sunday, after church and Annabeth's handbells, we went to a fun birthday party at a park and splash pad. The kids had a great time and I had a great time catching up with some friends we haven't seen during the dance break.

- After the party, we went to Sunday lunch at Mark's parents. For once, ALL of us were there for a bit, and we enjoyed hearing about everyone's first week of school and the boys all played card games. Nana and I took the kids outside for a bit and they tortured us with the bodies of dead bugs. I know these are truly the best days!

- Mark worked two shifts at one of his part time jobs.

- I sold $20 worth of dress up/Halloween items on Facebook. I have started the big, big pre-consignment sale cleanout and always like to see what I can sell on Facebook before I lose profits at the sale. I also started hanging all of the kids clothes for the sale. I started with a new system last fall and it's making the sale-prep go faster and faster each time!

- We took a big bag and large toy to donate. Anything I know that won't sell, I try to donate as soon as we clean it out.

- Owen, for the first time every, tried storytime willingly at our local library. He did the play portion for a few minutes and made it through one song before he was finished. I am SO thankful for our local libraries and their amazing, patient staff.

- Owen graduated, finally!, from his crib to a toddler bed. He had not figured out how to climb out of his crib until this week and I was not in any hurry to move him! I have loved having him contained at nap and bedtime. That being said, he now has a big boy bed and runs the house with his sister at night. We may never sleep again!

 Owen and I built his bed on Tuesday afternoon.
He was SO excited until it was actually bedtime. 

- Last Christmas, Annabeth got two fairy gardens (thank you Steve, Karen, and Lu) but we just haven't done them yet. We got them out Thursday and put them together and planted the seeds. Hopefully they are happy in the sunshine of our schoolroom and will grow and bloom there.

Fairy Garden Play

- We bought three items that didn't fit and returned them promptly. I cannot believe how many people I know that buy things that don't fit and they never return them! That is like throwing money straight out the window.

We had a busy week and are heading into our busiest weekend/week of the month. 
We hope you all have a fun weekend ahead as well!
Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: