Wednesday, August 29, 2018

2018 School Room Makeover!

I am SO excited to show you our 2018 School Room Makeover!

We did our first makeover four years ago when we transformed our front room from our craft/sunroom to our official school room. You can see those changes here: Original Homeschool Room Makeover

Since that post, our room has changed again as we have added more bookshelves (just $20 Walmart special shelves) and a awesome, big bookshelf from Mark's parents for our school supplies.

Our school room has been set-up the same way since Annabeth was in Pre-K but when we did our big, summer cleanout both of our WalMart shelves collapsed. My parents came up the weekend after the shelves fell and between my parents they came up with an awesome design and plan for our school room. I had thought we would just buy some new shelves but thanks to a Pinterest dream board they made my wildest homeschool mama dreams happen!

I love this picture of my Dad and Owen hard at work together

Here are some pictures from our school room before we made our changes:

View into the school room. 
We had matching white bookshelves with my photo books on the left side and then Annabeth's books
on the right side. Once the shelves fell, we resorted to storing everything in totes for a bit.
The little table is where we do our formal school work and then the desk on the left is
my Usborne work space. This picture makes it look way more cluttered than usual since
we had lots of things off the shelves but it gives you a general idea of our set-up. 

Our School Shelves.
The very top is playdoh, games with lots of pieces I don't want lost, and school records.
The top shelf is Owen's School Books on the left and then Usborne books on the right.
The middle shelf is Annabeth's School Books and her "big girl" craft supplies that Owen doesn't use.
The bottom shelf is activity and coloring books and utencils for all to use
The unit has two drawers. 
The top drawer is craft supplies
The bottom drawer is filled with school books we will use in the future.
This unit will stay the same but people often ask me about how we are organized so I thought I'd just add the details of that into this post as well. 

And now for the big reveal!!!
My Side
Photo Albums, scrapbooks, and stationary.
The bottom shelf is cut funky to allow access to our power outlets.

The Kids' Side
They each have books other places as well
but this is most of our current book selection.
On the bottom they have puzzles and games.

Ahhh!!!! Our beautiful school room!
Eventually we'll have a reading bench or something 
in between the shelves but right now we are growing Fairy Gardens
and they need that space.

I am so thankful to my parents for helping me dream BIG on this project and a huge, huge thank you to Dad for building and painting our shelves! This book lady, homeschool Mama is happy! 





No comments: