Friday, July 27, 2018

Frugal Friday 255

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We did a garage sale at our house with two families that we are friends with. We did Friday 8-1:30 (I made $65) and then again Saturday 8-2ish (but had to pull everything into the garage at 10:30 due to rain) I only made $22 on Saturday. So, made $87 while hanging out with some of my favorite friends while my kids played outside for 9 hours with their friends. Not bad for a weekend that we didn't have other plans! :)

- I receieve People magazine free through Pinchme.com. People sends me a renewal notice each month with a postage stamp inside. I don't renew but always use the postage stamp on another piece of mail.

- Mark has been gone for most of two weeks and then was out of town completely for the past 8 days. My parents, thankfully, came up Monday through Wednesday to help me and to keep us company. They treated Owen and me to dinner at Chicagos on Monday night for a fundraiser for the Moyra McCain Memorial Scholarship, bought us groceries, mowed my yard, and Dad brought the first part of a huge project he is building for our schoolroom. I am SO SO SO thankful for parents who are so generous with their time and talents. I pray that I am raising my children as well as they raised me and am taking notes on how to care for my kids after they are out of the house.

- Wednesday morning, my parents took the kids out to the park, library, and lunch and I spent the morning ALONE at home! It was glorious! After nearly three straight weeks home alone with the kids, it was such a huge blessing to have that quiet time! Thank you all!

- Wednesday night, after we dropped Annabeth off at dance, Owen and I checked out a new place for us the Hoosier Cupboard Candy Store. It's a candy/ice cream place in an old train depot with a real train outside which is basically Owen's version of heaven on earth. We had so much fun! I love sweet time with just one kid at a time.

 Mr. O loved his ice cream and time out with just me.
I loved it too!
Conductor Owen. 
He "drove" the train for a good 20 minutes.

- When flipping through a library book, Annabeth found a business card for a church and a $5 bill. She was so excited. We were thankful for that little blessing and she plans to put it in the children's offering plate on Sunday.

We had such a good week, even with Mark gone, and I am so thankful to my family for coming and helping. July is always a pretty Mark-free month between some different work things and scouts and the extra support from my family is much needed and appreciated.

We are looking forward to him getting home this weekend and a visit with my sister!

Happy Savings to All!










No comments: