Friday, May 20, 2016

Frugal Friday 143

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We enjoyed a park play day with our Homeschool Group.

- I received a $5 gift card from Starbucks for filling out a survey for their company. I received the survey in my e-mail and it only took about five minutes to complete. When I went to get my drink, I ordered a grande so it would be covered by the giftcard. Somehow they messed it up and I got a venti!! Double bonus!

- We took advantage of two "Kids Eat Free" deals when we ate out.

- I continued to clean out clothes and we took a whole tote to donate. It feels like I have been working on my closet and dresser for a year! I feel like I should not have anything left in either and yet I still have plenty of things. I am really, really trying to let go of things!

- We did only a small restock grocery trip this week. Last week we had a $70 trip which lasts us two weeks with the exception of restocking milk and fresh fruits/veggies.

- Thursday our homeschool group took a tour of the Sheriff's Office. Our family was very proud to show off our JCSO family to our homeschool group. All of the kids enjoyed the tour as well as the coloring books, stickers, and sheriff star badges that they received. Thank you to Sheriff Cox and his staff - especially Deputy Bob Farris for hosting our tour.

"Deputy" Riley right at home in the driver's seat of a Sheriff's car.
She says she wants to be a Deputy like Daddy not work in the jail like Mama. 
(Photo Credit: Betsy Lucas)

We had a busy last week of school and we are SO excited for summer vacation!
We are looking forward to having Mark home quite a bit over the next few weeks as well as looking ahead to Owen's 1st birthday (just 13 days away - how did that happen?!) 

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: