Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July Recap

Mark's Grandma Pat is still home and doing alright. She spends most of her days in bed now and is, sadly, quickly deteriorating. I am thankful that while she is awake God is still giving her joy and positive words to say and that for the most part she has been able to remember her family. My prayer is that she feels little pain and my selfish worldly want is that she will continue to remember her daughter and three grandsons. She can forget the rest of us but I know how very much they need her to remember them. I pray that God continues to make that a reality.

In other news, I have started a new job at the Johnson County Sheriff's Department. (Yes this is where Mark works, no I do not see him) In the mornings I assist the jail nurse. Mostly that means doing all of her paperwork, listening to inmate complaints, and giving/reading TB tests. Then after lunch, I go up front to the Jail Administration Office and I do tax warrants and I help with Sheriff Sales. So far I love it! I am so thankful to be working again and for new friends! God is truly great!

No comments: