Friday, May 14, 2021

Frugal Friday 394

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- My parents were in town last Thursday and Friday to watch Owen play t-ball. We had a hot dog dinner before we went to the ballpark and they were GREAT sports about sitting out in the drizzle and cold. Friday we went to Nashville (Brown Co) and enjoyed a class at the magic shop, ate pizza, and I surprised the kids with a last-day-of-school surprise of gem mining. I am not sure who had more fun with that, the kids or the adults. We all loved it! 



- Last Saturday we enjoyed a family day, the first one since February. The kids had classes in the morning, then we paid the $4 admission to an antique show at the fairgrounds, and enjoyed the afternoon at home with evening church. We did spend some money on a fun, homemade sign for our house. It's rare that Mark and I agree on something like that. Now, everytime I look at it I think back to picking it out, in the sunshine, as a family. 

- Sunday was Mother's day. The kids made me cute homemade cards, tipped me $.30 for my service, and gave me a coffee giftcard. Mark and Owen spent the day with his parents and Annabeth and I spent the day at dance. Annabeth and I packed our lunches and did not buy any dance shirts or souvenirs. 

- Mark was out of state for work this week. He had a long drive but hopefully good results will come from the work they did. 

- The kids and I enjoyed our first week of summer break. The first week is always a bit crazy as we readjust to the summer schedule. By Tuesday, Owen had pulled out his first grade books and began working on them. It's been unseasonably cold this week so I think it was a bit hard to feel like "Yay! Summer!" 

- Owen had two t-ball games this week. Our coach was out of town and with Mark out of town, the moms got to coach. We had a great time and it's been great to watch Owen have so much fun. We were really blessed this week as Mark's parents and our neighbors each came to a game. 


- With Mark out of town, I cooked typical dinners but with enough for leftovers. This worked really well as we had friends over for lunch on Wednesday who graciously ate leftovers with us.

- I ordered two pairs of leggings on a great deal. The size chart was off so they didn't fit. Since I had already paid shipping to get them to me, and would have to pay shipping on the return, I just passed them along to a friend. 

- Our sweet neighbors gifted Annabeth, and I suppose the rest of us, an outdoor swing chair. She loved reading on their porch while they were on vacation and made a point to tell them. They were parting with it and gave it to Annabeth. I expect she will spend a great deal of her summer swinging and reading there! 

- We did our last big cleanout of the season as we are garage sale-ing today and tomorrow! Come see us for books, school books, kids clothes, home decor, and more! We are teaming up with our friends the Evans Family and our neighbor so it will be HUGE! Annabeth has also been baking all week so come by for some peanut-tree-nut-free treats!

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: