Friday, July 2, 2021

Frugal Friday 401

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday morning the kids and I enjoyed a trip to Reimann's Farm Market with my Mama. She treated us to fresh zucchini, peaches, and yellow tomatoes. The kids enjoyed putt putt and playing with the cars before heading back to her house. My sister treated me to lunch from Manna, an Evansville favorite of mine.

- Friday evening Mark grilled out for us to welcome us home. We had planned to go to the pool but it was overcast and sprinkling and I didn't want to chance getting to the pool just to have to leave in a storm. Instead, we all rolled change that the kids got while visiting my Momaw last week. They each chose to add their money to their savings account. 

- Saturday Mark and Annabeth had a little date. They took a two mile loop on a path in town. Owen and I went to the bank, to get groceries, and to deliver books. We spent the afternoon finishing 4H projects.

- Sunday morning we enjoyed church at Grace once again. It was my first time being in church, without a mask, since March 2020. It was GLORIOUS to praise the Lord, with song, in a fellowship of believers. It was such a joy to see everyone's faces (and tears)

- Sunday afternoon we had lunch at Mark's parents' house and then met with friends at a local park. The kids had a great time playing with friends and Mark and I had a wonderful meeting with a new group of believers. This group will meet once a month for the next year with the purpose of Intentional Gospel Sharing in our neighborhoods. (If this is of interest to you - please ask me for info! You could be such a blessing to your neighborhood!)

- We ran many errands this week, combined trips to save on gas, and tried to use coupons as much as possible. The kids have now completed all but the food items for 4H and are ready for the fair! Many of our errands were for last minute supplies for those projects and to ask questions at the fair office.

- Monday, while Annabeth had dance, Owen and I took a two mile walk. We always try to make good use of one-on-one time with our kids and Owen loved walking, looking at ducks, and racing me back to the dance studio.

What the child finds worthy, is worthy.
Duck watching.

- Tuesday morning with met with teachers/friends from our new Co-Op. The kids played with friends on the playground and I was able to meet with my team teachers to lesson plan for the year. We took last year off from being in a co-op and we are excited to get back into the swing of it in the new school year.

- Tuesday, after our park play, we enjoyed some time in the sprinkler. Owen got this as a birthday gift from my parents and it is a HUGE hit!


- Wednesday we woke up at 6 and drove down to spend the morning in Charlestown with our best friends. The kids enjoyed swimming in their pool and Rose and I enjoyed chatting while they swam. The Eblings treated us to lunch and ice cream cones before our drive home.

- Wednesday night we did eat out, a rare treat! We met up with Mark's family and had everyone (expect for one) in town. It was a great night out with everyone and worth the extra money in this week's budget.

- Mark worked overtime and I worked my Usborne Books & More business. I took my ESR class this week and renewed my School and Library Certification so I can continue servicing schools and libraries as an Usborne and Kane Miller rep.

- Yesterday, we started our homeschool year. Our 9th year of homeschooling! WOW! Annabeth is in 5th grade and Owen is in 1st grade. I cannot wait to learn together all year.

Happy 4th of July to you all and Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: