Friday, August 13, 2021

Frugal Friday 406

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday I stayed home all.day.long. It was GLORIOUS! We have been running non-stop since the end of June and I really just needed to take a step back and breathe. I did do many chores in the morning but in the afternoon I enjoyed a great book and short nap.

- Mark took Saturday as date-days with the kids. He took Annabeth out on a hike on a walking trail in town, took Owen to run errands one-on-one, and then they all baked a pineapple upside down cake from scratch. They did a great job and loved it!

- Sunday after church we had a birthday party in Greenwood. Instead of driving all the way home, we stopped and walked/played at a park for a while. The kids then enjoyed their friend's 5th birthday party. They had a great time swimming and meeting Spiderman/SpiderGwen. Annabeth also had her first night of MYF on Sunday so after the party we stayed in Greenwood and played at the library until dinner at church. The kids really enjoyed extra time playing with their church friends and we are looking forward to Annabeth's years in MYF.

Super Annabeth with Spider Gwen. Thank you Schwanders for the fun!

- Monday night I took Annabeth to dance class and got both kids registered for the new season. I made a quick trip to the library and enjoyed a quiet reading session in the car while I waited for her to finish. That was a great recharge for me!

- I mentioned the kids went to a birthday party last weekend and were also invited to two more in the weeks to come. What did we gift the kids? Usborne and Kane Miller books of course! :) 

- I tagged our clothing items for the fall kids sale. I have more to do but I quickly got 45 items tagged over the weekend,

- Inspired by my best friend, I did a massive closet and dresser cleanout. In the end I parted ways with 25 clothing items/shoes. I will offer to my mama/sister before we donate. We all three trade clothes around and it's great to have three closets! 

- I found some awesome Zulily deals for Christmas gifts. When the boxes came, we got three free razor samples. Thanks Zulily! 

- This week instead of taking turns reading aloud, we've been listening to a book on tape. The kids are LOVING it! We've been coloring/drawing during that time and many, many art projects have been finished. We got the tape from the library and it's been a great mix-up for our read aloud hours. 

- For just a few more days, Usborne Books & More is offering a $10 kit! It's truly an amazing opportunity to start your own business for just $10! Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like more information. 

We are looking forward to a busy weekend. We have some family coming in town and we'll be visiting Mark's childhood church as his brother will be giving the sermon this week. Please pray for Matthew as he continues his studies at seminary and prepares for full-time ministry within the next year.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and happy savings to all! 

No comments: