Friday, February 17, 2023

Frugal Friday 481

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday, Mark and Owen served with their Scout Troop making sub sandwiches. They do this each year on Super Bowl Sunday and it's a great fundraiser for the kids.

- Annabeth and I had a little date and went to the new Dick's Sporting Goods Outlet. We found four items for $30 - saved over $280 on retail pricing.

- Mark and I had a last minute thing come up on Saturday evening. Luke and Cassidy generously took the kids along to their church's chilli cook-off. I have a very hard time asking for help and I am so thankful that they stepped in and helped in such a big way. 

- Sunday after church Annabeth had youth group, I ran errands, and got a great walk in outdoors. I am currently working through a fitness challenge and I have to say the beautiful winter weather has made it much easier than I expected to be out each day.

- Sunday evening we had dinner at Mark's Mom's House. She let me pick the menu for my birthday week and kindly sent us home with lefotvers. I also got some lovely gifts - candy, cute home decor, and a great new devotional book. 

- Monday I did a lot of computer work as I worked on both Spring Break and Fall Break quotes for Disney World trips. There's still plenty of time to book and many great rooms, and deals, to be had for both school breaks! Message me on my business page for your own quote. My services are always FREE!

- Tuesday we woke up and celebrated Valentine's Day. Mark and I always just exchange cards. We typically get the kids a small gift and this year we got them some fun hot chocolate items from Trader Joe's. We spend $6 and it's clutter-free! What a win.

- Tuesday afternoon the kids and I went to the Indiana Historical Society for the first time. We used the library's museum pass and had the museum validate our parking. Saved: $30

- Tuesday was also my 36th birthday. Mark surprised me with a DQ ice cream cake and we had pizza for dinner. Mark and the kids got me the perfect gift and I am so thankful for their thoughtfulness. 



- After co-op yesterday we headed down to Evansville. We enjoyed dinner out at a new place, they sang "Happy Birthday" to me and brought cake so it was a winner in my book, and then we celebrated Valentine's Day and my birthday all together. I was so excited for the Great American Cookie Cake!

Thank you to everyone who reached out this week to wish me a Happy Birthday! It was so fun to have cards in my mailbox! :) 

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: