Friday, March 17, 2023

Frugal Friday 484

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I have planned out our curriculum for next school year. It may seem early but I like to shop the AOP April sale and to have quite a bit of time to search used curriculum sites before buying new. So far I found a GREAT deal on Annabeth's Literature for both 7th and 8th grade. The books are used, one cover is very slightly bent, but I was able to get both years shipped for less than one year new from the publisher!

- Saturday we enjoyed a Spiderman Birthday party for our nephew's 4th birthday. He's such a bright, funny guy and I just can't believe he's already four! The kids had the best time playing party games, eating cake, and hitting the pinata. 

- After the party, Annabeth and I ran to the outlet mall for a couple of things. We had not been there in many years and were surprised at how nice it is now. It even has a giant playground - where was that when my kids were little?! We stopped in Claire's with a 20% coupon to combine with a Buy 3, Get 3 deal. When I checked out I thought my total seemed a little high but the store was packed so I just let it go. At home though, after really reviewing my receipt, I saw that I had gotten the 20% off but not 3 free. We were able to go back later in the week when we were south again for a price adjustment.

Shopping Ladies

- I haven't gotten new tennis shoes in about 18 months and as far as we walk each day, I am REALLY feeling it. I did some research online, tried on at the outlet mall, and finally Mark found me a great deal online. Original price $75 and he found them shipped for $40. Saved: $35

- After church on Sunday, the kids and I got out their new Tiny Ice Cream kit. It was a huge (no pun intended) hit! Mark got out for a 14 mile city hike. 

Cutest, Tiniest hand churned ice cream ever!

- Monday we took the day of school because we had so many errands. We ran to Martinsville to deliver a book basket donation for a fundraiser at Precious Playmates Daycare. We had a lovely visit with my dear friend Bethany who  is the director. After lunch, Annabeth had Tween Game Day with a local homeschool co-op. After that, I had my first committee meeting at our new church. I thank and praise the Lord for His faithfulness in helping us find the right church home. 

- Tuesday we also took off school and drove down to the lake to visit our friends the Ottes. The kids had a great time playing with friends and I loved a good mama chat with my friend Katie. I am so thankful that they always open their home to us so willingly.

- I booked a holiday time Disney trip for clients. We were able to get them exactly the rooms they wanted as well as the park days they wanted. It is always a good idea to plan and book early so you can have your dream trip! You can e-mail me for quotes or bookings here: a.riley@magicalvacationplanner.com 

We've added to our 1,000 hours outside this week in the snow, sunshine, and rain. Thank goodness we were outside a ton because this weekend we'll be inside watching our SDA Family dance!

Happy Savings to All!



No comments: