Friday, June 2, 2023

Frugal Friday 496

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday night we drove down to Evansville after baseball. We ate dinner at home, very early, to avoid eating out.

- Saturday morning we had a big garage sale at my sister's house. Each household brought items and the kids sold baked goods and drinks. The kids filled a large tote with toys and books to sell as well. Combined the kids made nearly $70 so they were very happy. We were excited to visit with my aunt and uncles who stopped by as well. I love being in Evansville!

- After the sale, we divided everything left to be donated. Two carloads went to the Rescue Mission Thrift shop, one car load will be donated to Mountain Mission, and we brought back items for KIC-IT. 

- Mark and I enjoyed the weekend at the lake. We spent Saturday afternoon browsing, not buying, at some of our favorite antique stores. We had a special anniversary dinner out thanks to his mom. Thank you Kristi for the anniversary money!! Sunday we visited Momaw and then spent Sunday evening/Monday morning working on a dock project at the lake. So thankful to be able to help Mama and Dad with this project.

14th Anniversary Weekend

- Owen stayed at Mimi and Grandpa's for the first time overnight this weekend. He wants to come by himself later in the summer so this was a test with Annabeth along. He did well and can't wait to go back later. Sunday evening Mark, Dad, and O enjoyed his first trip to Tri-State Speedway. Owen LOVED the races and it was a great kick off to his birthday week. 

Race Guy.

- We spent Memorial Day with the whole family at the lake. Lu and I made our annual visit to the Coal Museum Rummage Sale - I didn't purchase anything but she found some decorative mirrors. The kids, and Oscar, loved being out on the lake. We reserved a camping spot for later this year for our first family tent campout away from home. 

- Tuesday I spent over 7 hours powerwashing the house, patio, and front walk. I always underestimate how long projects take and thought I would have it all done in 2 hours. Not so much BUT I was so thankful to be able to borrow my parents' powerwasher and to save the cost of having someone else come and do it. 

- Tuesday night was Owen's last night of Wolves for the year. They always finish the last night of Cub Scouts with the Pinewood Derby. Owen's car came in 4th and we had a great night!


- Wednesday was the opening day for Walt Disney World 2024 reservations. I had four reservations ready to go and spent all day in the online queue for my clients. My services are always free and save my clients from having to deal with the hassles of registrations, early wake-ups for reservations, and more. Message me at a.riley@magicalvacationplanner.com for quotes and bookings.

- We had some food/drink items, worth around $15, that we weren't going to eat. I shared them on Facebook and friends came to pick up. I was very happy to be able to pass them along vs creating food waste.

We are looking forward to a busy weekend celebrating birthdays and graduations.

Happy Savings to All! 






 


No comments: