Friday, April 5, 2024

Frugal Friday 534

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we made extra money/spent money wisely/save money this week:

- We spent Thursday to Sunday down in Evansville and Owensboro. We were able to spend two whole days in Kentucky with Momaw and Lance. Thursday we went just for lunch and to visit and then Saturday we did a massive workday at her house. Mark and I did the powerwashing and were able to get the patio, walkways, porches, and driveways all done. We bought a new hose and some cleaning sprays which we will leave with the power washer -  my dad is kind enough to let us borrow it whenever we need it. The rest of the family moved furniture, worked on flowers, weeded, and completed many other projects.

- My parents treated us to dinner out at Fujiyama. It was wonderful and it just wouldn't be a holiday weekend without sushi and visiting our friend Miss Helen who works there. Helen even had sugar cookies on hand for the kids. I am so thankful for her friendship!

- Sunday we celebrated Easter at Old North, the church I went to from middle school on and where we were married. After church, my parents did an egg hunt and lunch for everyone. 

- Total money we spent on Easter - $0. We all wore clothes we already had on hand, no matching outfits here. We do not give our kids eggs/candy/baskets/etc but have always allowed the grandparents to do whatever they would like. Each year I do send Easter cards to our nieces and nephews, writing in a Bible verse or Easter hymn that is on my heart that year. All in all, Resurrection Sunday exists only because of Jesus - not a bunny, candy man, or any one else and therefore I like to keep the focus on Jesus. 

Easter 2024

- I hosted a meeting last night. I made black bean enchiladas, rice, chips and salsa, and special cookies that I only make for this group of ladies. It was one of the last important co-op meetings of the school year. I am so thankful for these women who choose to volunteer dozens of extra hours a year so the whole group can run smoothly. 

- 2,024 in 2024 Check-In. Our home is 934 items lighter and we've made over $200 selling items we are finished with! Hooray! 

This week I was reminded, twice in fact, of just how much our words and actions affect others. Both can be such a blessing, an uplifting moment to others but if we aren't careful they can also cause so much pain. My friend Lauren shared a reminder that our JOY doesn't come from the circumstances of our days but from the Lord. I pray as I move into the next week that I can let go of hurt. I pray that I can remember to speak only kind words, show only actions that support and affirm to others that they are loved, and that I can live in the joy that Jesus gives. 

No comments: