Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gallbladder

I woke up on Saturday, June 9 at 5:30 am, drank a glass of water, nursed Annabeth, and then went back to bed. As soon as I laid down I began having horrible stomach pains. By 9:45 or so I realized that something was very wrong. I was sweaty, gray in color, and just in the worst pain (other than the pains that came with Annabeth's delivery) of my life. We checked into the St. Francis ER around 10 am and after blood work and ultrasounds we learned that I had quite a few and quite large gallstones. I was sent home that same afternoon and then Sunday learned from a surgeon that I would in fact be having surgery to clear out the stones and then to remove the gallbladder. After a pre-surgical consult to review allergies (more than an hour was spent on that topic!)and to inform me of what would happen we were set for June 15. Surgery was June 15 at St. Francis South Surgery Center. All went as planned. St. Francis' Anesthesiology Department was already quite familiar with me and my special medical needs and so everything went quite well. I had my Mama and Dad with us through Monday afternoon and then Sarah Stair and Kristi yesterday to help some. I am feeling fairly good today and praying that the bruising and pain goes away before our trip this weekend. Thank you to everyone for your prayers! Also, now I have to live with (ugh!) a low-fat diet. Any recipes or suggestions??

No comments: