Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- After we hosted our homeschool fall party, we enjoyed the leftovers for an extra meal. Two families also left us brownies and muffins which we were able to enjoy as snacks. Thank you all!
- All of the children painted pumpkins at our fall party. We used up all of our paint for this event. Now we will be able to start over with new paints instead of storing 15 partially full bottles. I am very excited about that!
- Annabeth had asked for some yogurt smoothies at the grocery. She ended up not liking them. We sent the remaining four home with a friend. They are fairly expensive and I did not want them to go to waste.
- We attended a free Halloween party at our friends' church. The church was a 30 minute drive down south and it was a gorgeous fall evening! The drive was beautiful with all of the fall colors. The kids enjoyed playing Halloween games and the ladies of the church made some incredible, and creepy looking, Halloween treats. This was a fun new Halloween event for us this year.
- I finished Annabeth's birthday book and ordered it on Shutterfly. I used a FREE code from Pampers Rewards and just paid shipping. Saved: $29.99
- We continued to clean out the deep freeze as we prepare for the new hunting season. We took deer meat to some friends in our homeschool group.
- Coworkers/friends sent home a HUGE bag of hand-me-downs for Annabeth. She is between their two girls so she will wear them and then we will pass them back. Thank you Love Family! We cleaned out some of Annabeth's baby/toddler hairbows and sent them to their 18 month old as a thank you.
Modeling her favorite shirt from the hand-me-downs.
She thought it needed a cheetah belt too! :)
- We filled a box for a little girl to send through Samartan's Purse. We put in some items we had on hand - a new box of markers, notebook, coloring book, and stickers. Then, I took Annabeth to Dollar Tree and she chose a pony and doll for the little girl. We also added school supplies (calculator, pencils, pens) and hygiene items (hairbrush, headbands, ponytails, toothbrush, and toothpaste). We added a nice size water bottle and princess jewelry and tiara to finish out the box.
- I shopped the wholesale site Jet.com for the first time. I found their prices to be lower than our local stores on dishwasher pods, snacks for Owen, and his baby wipes. I had a coupon for $10 off a $35 order so I added three very affordable books to get me to the $35. The coupon code worked for $10 off AND the site still gave me FREE shipping since my original total was over $35. With the $10 code and free shipping I was very pleased with how little I spent on these items. I was also happy to see that most of them will arrive in just 2 days! I may be using this site again as the coupon code was good for three purchases.
We had a very busy week and enjoyed working on school this week!
We are taking next week of school and we are both excited for our first week long break since July!
Happy Savings to All!