Sunday, June 4, 2017

Owen's Mickey Mouse Party

This year, Mark chose Mickey Mouse as the theme for Owen's birthday party. It was the perfect theme - Owen LOVES Mickey!

Over the years, I have had so much fun designing invitations and decorations for our kids' parties. I try to use items we have on hand, re-purpose items, or to buy from local crafters or on Etsy.

The Mickey theme was so easy because it's so popular! Pinterest had a ton of great ideas and I tweaked them and I think I came  up with some fun and cute ideas.

While Mark and I were in Nashville (IN) a few weekends ago, I visited my favorite scrapbook store. I picked up some fun Disney paper and Mickey stickers. I spent around $5 on all of it.

Sign for the front door to welcome our guests. 
 This was the sign on the door going out. 
I had fun using quotes from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show. 

I used some more Mickey paper and a cute picture of Mr. O and
his giant Mickey toy. The little Mickey cutout is actually part of a clothing
tag from some Disney clothes the kids received as a gift. I kept the tag knowing
I might need a Mickey stencil someday.

At the end of his clubhouse show, Mickey says "Thanks for stopping by"
I used that quote on the door sign above and on
the basket of party favors. 
(I found the Mickey bags at Dollar Tree and added three kinds of Mickey
stickers, Mickey tissues, and some candies all for under $5 since I had a 
giftcard to cover much of the party favors for the 6 children who came)

Owen sporting his Two Mickey Shirt.
Shirt from Kinsey Collection on Etsy

I bought this Mama Mouse shirt last fall when I learned that
Annabeth's dance was to "Disco Mickey"
It worked perfectly for this as well!
Shirt from Lattes N Littles on Etsy


Last week we were at Walmart and Annabeth fell in love with these
Minnie and Mickey kissing shoes. They were under $10 so I decided she could have them
Then I felt like Owen needed some Mickey shoes too. I bought some $6 tan shoes 
and used the Mickey stencil to paint a Mickey Mouse on each shoe.

Owen's Birthday cake was from Piece of Cake in Evansville
They made our wedding cakes and have made many of the
kids' birthday cakes. They have the BEST frosting and cake ever!

 Homemade thank you cards.
I made them in the same fonts as the invitations and I used the Mickey
stencil I mentioned above to make red and yellow Mickey heads on each one.

I have so much fun adding all of these special, little touches to the kids' parties! I wish I could find a way to host more themed events so I could make more crafts for them! 



2 comments:

Abbi said...

What fun! I like all your resourcefulness!

Amy and Mark said...

I have so much fun with each of their birthdays!