First and foremost, thank you, ALL OF YOU, for reading this series for 200 weeks!
Want to see where we began? Frugal Friday #1
There are weeks when we get really busy or we aren't super frugal or I feel like I am posting the same things over and over again and I wonder "Is this even worth it?" Always within a day or two I hear from someone, out of the blue, who shares that they read these posts. An aunt or uncle, an acquaintance from college, a high school classmate, a local friend just comments with a "I love reading your posts" or "I enjoyed this post..." and I know that for whatever reason(s) the Lord has me doing this right now.
So, for the 200th time...
Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:
- Mark worked a Friday night shift at his part time job.
- I continued my summer babysitting job and had another Usborne party. I have been with Usborne 2 weeks and this week I was able to pay an entire medical bill from my commission check! That is huge friends!
- Saturday morning we drove to Camp Cedarbrook, the newest part of Lakeview Ministries, for its dedication. We enjoyed the dedication church service, a delicious meal, exploring the area, and Annabeth loved going down the blow-up water slide. We were so impressed with all of the hard work that has been put into the facility and we cannot wait to see how the Lord uses it for His glory!
- Sunday after church we had Mark's parents and his brother, Luke, over for a taco bar and then Sunday Sundaes. We spent the afternoon visiting. Kristi brought Annabeth four new sundresses and brought both of the kids bubbles! They were very excited - thank you!
- On Monday, Mark and Annabeth went to the movies and lunch together. We love being frugal in other areas so we can give our children special experiences when the opportunity comes around. Annabeth has talked about little else this week. She loves spending special, one-on-one time with her Daddy.
- Tuesday we celebrated the 4th by visiting with our neighbors on their porch, playing at the park, an (indoor) picnic lunch, and Mark and Annabeth walked in a parade. We are so thankful for our freedom!
Owen and Annabeth
4th of July, 2017
I cannot help buying 4th of July outfits each year -
they always look so sweet and just scream SUMMER!
Left 2017, Top Right 2016, and Bottom Right 2015
- We continued to meal plan and grocery shop carefully. We actually ended up with more leftovers than I had left room for so we are ending the week with two extra meals for next week's menu!
- Annabeth finished the library's summer reading program. She earned a book and chose a Piggie and Gerald book to add to her collection.
- I enjoyed a free Starbucks thanks to a Starbucks Reward in my e-mail.
- As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was able to get Annabeth's "big" birthday gift on sale. I have found a few other little things, all on sale as well, and just needed to find something from Owen. Yesterday we were at Meijer and I saw Annabeth's #1 birthday wish toy on sale + they had a one day Christmas in July promo going so it was an extra 50% off the sale price! I went out after dinner and was able to get her two of the toys she really wants for $10 (normal retail would have been nearly $40!). She has been asking Owen for a few months now to please get this toy for her and I am excited to have him be the birthday hero this year!
We had a great week and are looking forward to Applause Nationals this weekend!
Dance your hearts out Disco Divas and Style Dance Academy! :)
Happy Savings to All!