Friday, October 6, 2017

Frugal Friday 213

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday we celebrated Annabeth's birthday with her friends with a Donut Movie Night. We had originally came up with the jammies/donuts/movie theme and intended it for a Saturday morning but when we actually looked at the calendar we realized we didn't have any Saturday mornings free. So...we made it a Friday evening party. It turned out really cute! We found two cute donut trucks to hold the cakes ($5 total) and Mark found donut paper goods (invitations, plates, napkins, cups, banner, and treat boxes) for around $15. We served donuts, apples, bananas, and milk/juice choices. The girls all had a lot of fun and Annabeth received tons of fun craft supplies as gifts!

How cute are these donut diplays? We found them on clearance at a Kroger
while in Kentucky! My Mama gave Annabeth these donut jammies as an early 
birthday gift so she could wear them for her party. 

- Saturday morning Annabeth performed downtown at the Fall Festival. We ran home for lunch inbetween events so we didn't spend any money eating out. In the afternoon, she and Mark both were in the parade. Mark walked for Kirby Cochran for Sheriff and Annabeth danced with her dance school. Owen and I walked the Fall Festival and enjoyed seeing some good friends!

- Sunday we celebrated Annabeth's birthday as well as Mark's brother Luke's birthday. Luke and Cassidy were kind enough to rent a shelter house for the family at one of our favorite parks. It was a gorgeous fall day and we all enjoyed cooking out and playing on the playground!

The Riley Four.
We were so happy to celebrate our Miracle Girl!
The Cece doll was one of her favorite gifts this birthday!

- I had one Usborne party and Mark worked overtime. 

- We FINALLY got our kitchen floors installed which means we could install our new dishwasher as well. We did save about 35 dishwasher pods by not having a dishwasher this past month! We feel like the new one has a larger capacity than the old one so we are hoping to run it less than the old one. They also gave us some free dishwasher pods so our first two rounds are covered. 

- The kids and I drove up to Riley Children's Hospital to drop off Cuddle Bear books and bears for the Riley Cheer Guild. I was so happy to be able to team up with a fellow Hoosier Usborne Book lady to donate 14 bear and book sets!

- I wrapped up the Fall Consignment Sale. I sold 80% of what I took to the sale and made $225. I am so thankful for such a great sale and a wonderful sale staff!

- After I brought home my sale stuff, I divided it into a few categories and will pass it along to three families. I buy the majority of my kids' clothing (because it's my shopping weakness - kids clothes) and hate to just donate it to Goodwill.

- My Mama bought my kids birthday/Christmas clothes at Gymboree and earned Gymbucks. She gave them to me but the store near me is closing and won't take them. I looked online and just didn't see anything that we really needed. Their bucks are a $___ off $____ so you have to spend money just to use them. I posted the coupon on Facebook and a friend with three kids was happy to have it! It kept me from spending money on things I didn't need and helped her.

We had such a great week! We celebrated Annabeth's 6th Birthday (Fun and Frugal Birthday Post to come) and I am so thankful for all of our family and friends who helped make it special! :)

Happy Savings to All! 


1 comment:

Abbi said...

The doughnut theme looks like fun. :-)