Friday, October 27, 2017

Frugal Friday 216

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked one night at his part time job, I had one Usborne book party, and I baby sat for a friend.

- Last Friday and Saturday nights, Mark and Annabeth camped out in our backyard. Friday night they popped popcorn over the grill and both nights they enjoyed star gazing and wathching the meteor shower. Mark downloaded a star app and they did some astronomy as well. We haven't had any weekends to camp for real but Mark and Annabeth enjoy sleeping out back any chance they get!

- Sunday evening we had Mark's family over for dinner. We made salad, ordered Greek's pizzas, and Annabeth and I made desserts (strawberry jam drop cookies from scratch and pineapple upside down cake from a mix) We had enough left-overs to enjoy for two more meals.

"The Watchers" waiting for company on Sunday.
I love them holding hands so sweetly!
Annabeth's fun hair-do was inspired by a braid book we borrow from the library.

- A few months ago, I saw a cute homemade pumpkin idea on Facebook. The pumpkins were made from wood slices. I immediately throught of my sister-in-law Cassidy and her family because last year they made us all cute little cut-wood snowmen as Christmas gifts. I tagged them in a post and then forgot about it. But Sunday when Luke and Cass came for dinner - a pumpkin came too! Thank you all so much! It looks so adorbale out on our porch!

Isn't it cute?!

- I took a load of items to Goodwill. We have been (really) decluttering since I was pregnant with Owen in the spring of 2015 and yet we still have so much stuff! I am getty antsy again so I feel like we'll be doing another big sweep through everything again!

- I finished Annabeth's birthday photo book from Shutterfly. I used a $25 off deal. I also had a deal for a FREE calendar so I quickly finished one I was working on for 2018. Saved: $50!! Thank you Shutterfly!

- Tuesday morning I took a box of clothes to dance class. We were able to share clothes with two families. I love getting hand-me-downs and I love sharing them too!

- I got my flu shot at Walmart this week. Last year, I missed the date to get it through Mark's work and ended up having to pay $40 at our doctor's office. Turns out our insurance covers it through Walmart! Woohoo!

- We made one quick little trip to Meijer for two items. One was less per item in a large box and the other was less per item when purchased individually. I always try to show the kids what I am doing and why I am buying certain things loose and others in bulk. I hope we can train our children to live frugally!

We had a busy week and are looking forward to a busy weekend as well. Mark worked pretty much non-stop this week and is working again tomrorow. We are hoping he will be off on Sunday!

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

Your new pumpkin is cute!
I came over here to tell you that you won the giveaway for the book on my blog. The "Money Problems, Marriage Solutions" book. I am sorry that it took so long for me to tell you- I kept forgetting about it.

Can you please send me your mailing information please?
Have a great weekend!

Amy and Mark said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you!! I will check in with you over on your blog! I cannot wait to check into this book!