Friday, January 12, 2018

Frugal Friday 227

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- I got out of the house one evening and hit the Christmas clearance at Meijer. I was able to score some fun winter crafts, gift sets, and outfits all at least 70% off. I also used a $6 off my order coupon. I swung by Starbucks on the way home and used a Christmas giftcard for some hot chocolate.

- Annabeth lost her first tooth! The Tooth Fairy brought her a quarter. She had been expecting a dime like in the Bernstein Bears books so she was quite happy!

- Mark worked a couple of shifts at his part time job as well as some middle of the night call-outs.

- We had the stomach flu from the 1st through the 7th. As a result, we saved money by not going anywhere to spend money on activities or gas to get there. We also ended up with four extra meals from last week's meal plan as we lived on toast and ice chips for about four days. At least Owen and I tend to get this every Christmas or New Year's. It's become our, unfortunate, little tradition.

Despite asking them not to cuddle, to keep from spreading germs, 
they just couldn't help it! They love each other so much.

- We paid Owen's spring gymnastics fees in full for the semester and saved 5%.

- Annabeth was sick again early in the week so we missed her private dance lesson. Saved: $10

- I sold a book from my personal Usborne book stash. Since I own these books outright, I always love to sell them! Made: $18

- On our weekly grocery trip, I scored two boxes of organic, probiotic gummies for $1/each and huge family sized cereal boxes for $1.51 each! I saved nearly $20 just on those four items! We also found some fun craft projects for under $.40 each for the long snowy days we were home.

- Yesterday it was warm and everyone finally felt better! The kids spent most of the day playing outside and were happy for it! I was glad to get all of the windows open for a long period of time and to air the house out. We had done it some earlier in the week but it was just too cold to do for any length of time before yesterday.

I hope all of you are well and are safe in this weekend's ice and snow storm.
Happy Savings to All!

No comments: