Friday, January 18, 2019

Frugal Friday 279

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We are going on vacation this year and we borrowed a movie about where we are going from the library. We are doing our library's winter reading program and one of the tasks was to check-out/watch a non-fiction DVD so this worked out nicely. There is a similar movie shown where we are going and it would be $35 for our family to see it! Eep! We'll save the cash and borrow from the library!

- Annabeth had a dance conference in downtown Indy this week. We decided early on in the dance year that we wouldn't be paying for a hotel for the weekend - saving us hundreds of dollars. I planned to pack breakfast, lunches, and snacks for us girls and had set a budget of $20 for parking. Last weekend I found out that parking was going to be more like $60 for the weekend which just seemed insane! Thankfully a fellow dance mama works downtown and has FREE parking so we were able to carpool with them. Thanks Angie!

- I used a Starbucks gift card from Christmas to get breakfast and coffee each morning in Indy. Thank you Mama and Dad!

- Every year I splurge and buy myself a brand-new shirt for my birthday. This year I was able to get it free with a gift card from a friend! I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I have hard time spending money on myself and many years I only buy a new shirt for myself at my birthday and our anniversary.

- We had quite a bit of snow over the weekend. Mark always takes great care of our neighbors and we were very surprised on Monday evening when our neighbor's children brought over a "Thank You" card and gas gift card. They had been unable to get over to help their mom and were thankful that we looked after her. It was not expected at all to receive such a thank you but we are thankful. Since it is a gas card we will be saving it for our travels this summer.

- The kids and I enjoyed a Homeschool Open Gym at Gymnastics Unlimited in Indianapolis. It was $12 for 90 minutes of play. I knew Annabeth would love it and I was especially proud of Owen for trying everything!! If you know Owen you know that he is very fearful and timid with new people/places/challenges and he played with other kids AND did some "super scary" things like bounce house with huge slide and rope swing into the foam pit!

He swung off the giant rope swing to get into this pit!
I didn't think he would even attempt it but he did and LOVED it!

 Annabeth had fun exploring the beams and uneven bars!
So different than her usual day at the gym of tumbling only.

- We enjoyed our monthly preschool storytime at the Church of God. Our friend Miss Kelley puts so much work into planning and we just love it. We are working our way through the fruits of the spirit this year.

- We have been enjoying Imperfect Produce for about six weeks now. We have the fruit box delivered every two weeks and have saved so much money! You can use our refferal code for $10 off your first box: http://imprfct.us/lCuK9

- I listed and sold many of the kids clothing items on Facebook. I still plan to do the Here We Grow Again sale in April but this was a quick, easy way to unload some items and make room in the totes. Made: $58

We are looking forward to our Annual Junk Exchange tomorrow and a three day weekend with Mark home for most of it!

Happy Savings to All!



1 comment:

Abbi said...

I like all your creative ways of saving money!