Friday, February 8, 2019

Frugal Friday 282

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- I closed out a fundraiser at the kids' dance studio through my Usborne Book Business. This was the third time I have run this fundraiser this year at the studio and we were able to bring in almost $250 for dance families this month!

- Last Friday, we made our twice-a-month grocery trip. We spent $180 for the two weeks which included candy for baby shower prizes and a giant box of wipes to give as part of our baby shower gift. Some meals we had this week - homemade veggie bean soup, sloppy joe's, spaghetti and meatballs, and lots of leftovers from those meals and the freezer. We also made chocolate chip M&M cookies this week as we had some "It's a boy!" M&M's from a baby shower. That was a fun treat for the kids - they both love to bake.

- Saturday we helped host a baby shower for our nephew who is due in the next month or so. Annabeth and I were tasked with games and prizes and we played three little games and gave out big boxes of candy as prizes. We enjoyed celebrating a special couple and their new baby.

- Sunday after church we ran to Barnes and Noble so Owen could spend a giftcard from Christmas. He chose a noisy truck book and then three easy readers - a wolf one he LOVES that we have had from the library many times, a double story Paw Patrol, and a Pete the Cat book. I love that he loves the stories now and that they will would work well in Kindergarten and 1st grade as well. Mark also gave Annabeth a budget and she chose three "Who Was..." books. After the gift card and my educator discount we spent just $11 OOP. Thank you Uncle John for the giftcard!

- Sunday we spent the afternoon at Mark's brother's house. We all enjoyed playing together and watching a bit of the Super Bowl. Mark's parents and brothers' families provided lunch and we provided delivery pizza dinner. We all had plenty of leftovers to bring home for the week!

- Last month, I mentioned a "great" Groupon deal that I got. It ended up being a very frustrating order that came weeks later and in many packages. The items also weren't what I expected. For the first time, I wrote a negative Groupon review. The company made it right and refunded my shipping ($9.99) since my order came AFTER the birthday it was purchased for even though I had ordered 3+ weeks before the event.

- I received my quarterly eBates check - a little over $9. I used it to help with our donation to a cousin's school fundraiser. I usually add this check to savings each quarter but this time it came the same day as her fundraiser request and we were happy to add it to our gift.

- Two friends used my Boxed.com code and we now have $30 credit with them. Haven't shopped Boxed yet? Save $15 on your first order here

- Owen was sick allllll week so we cancelled most of our plans and did things around the house. Annabeth made lots of progress on some school things, I did some deep cleaning, and Owen got lots of rest. He also enjoyed quite a bit of snuggles with Mama and Daddy.

It's a bit grainy but I was trying to sneak this picture.
Annabeth was, as almost always, so patient and kind to Owen ths week.
She read him probably 40+ books to help him pass his sick time.

We are looking forward to Annabeth's first dance competition this weekend as well as a birthday celebration on Saturday.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: