Friday, February 15, 2019

Frugal Friday 282

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked a ton of overtime last weekend and I worked my Usborne Books & More business.

- Sunday, we had some time between events in Greenwood, so we ran over to the mall to walk a few laps. It was much better than waiting in the car or just sitting at a place. It felt good to stretch our legs with the mall-walkers.

- Sunday afternoon we had a beautiful snowy day! The kids and I played outside for 2.5 hours. We also shoveled our drive, sidewalks, and our neighbor's drive. Our sweet neighbor paid Annabeth and Owen for shoveling her drive. Annabeth chose to use her portion of the money to buy Valentine's candy for her friends to add to her homemade Valentine's. We added the rest to their piggy banks.

- I sold quite a few items on Facebook. Made: $37

- We had ordered a ton of veggies from Imperfect Produce in anticipation of a birthday party last Saturday. We ended up canceling the party due to sick kids so I cooked what I knew we would eat this week and froze the rest. You can click here to get $10 off your first order with Imperfect.

- I redeemed some credit at boxed.com and was able to ship my coffee for the next month for just $1.98. You can shop with our link here for $15 off your first order.

- I hosted an Usborne Books & More and Color Street mashup. We had a good time and I am loving my affordable, at home manicures from Color Street. Want to see more? Check it out here: Color Me Red Party

- I turned 32 yesterday. The kids and I enjoyed the morning downtown. We did some window shopping, checkout Marshmallow Monkey, and then enjoyed lunch for mostly free thanks to a gift certificate to Ann's Restaurant. We came home and enjoyed a quiet afternoon playing and painting together. Owen was surprised by his love Officer Floyd from FPD - she brought the kids paint sets and he gave her the Valentine he made. Mark and the kids took me out to pizza dinner and surprised me with a sweet card and giftcard to my favorite coffee shop. Mark and the kids were all asleep by 7:30 so I watched Netflix.

Owen makes everything silly.

 Birthday/Valentine's Picture with my loves


I hope you all had a very Happy Valentine's Day!
We are looking forward to lots of fun this weekend and hope you are as well!
Happy Savings to All!




No comments: