Friday, March 22, 2019

Frugal Friday 287

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Mark worked a shift at his part time job and I hosted my Spring Open House with Usborne Books More.

- Saturday, Mark and Owen went out for a walk around the high school and a picnic snack. They took snacks from home and had a great afternoon. You would have thought Mark took Owen to the moon - he is STILL talking about it!

- I hosted my Spring Open House last Saturday. I had three other vendors with me and while we certainly didn't have the sales day that we had hoped for, we had a fun afternoon nonetheless. Annabeth decided to set up a craft booth and sold out of her homemade stained glass items. I was proud of her for wanting to use her skills to earn some extra money. She is saving it to buy fun souvenirs on our vacation this summer.

- Saturday evening Mark took Annabeth to a friend's birthday party and then out for a snack. Owen and I went to dinner - he chose a local pizza place. Both of the kids really thrive when we spend one-on-one time with them on the weekends. We aren't always able to do this but when we can we try to at least split them up to play games or take a walk with just one parent. It gives us such a great chance to really hear their voices.

- Sunday we stopped by Mark's brother's house after church. We were able to meet our new nephew, Jackson! The kids made fun St. Patrick's Day treats for my open house and we also took a big batch to Luke and Cassidy. I enjoyed about an hour of newborn snuggles and am so happy to be an Auntie to this brand-new guy!

- I sold an item on a Facebook garage sale page. Once a friend bought it, I went ahead and added some more items to it as well. Made: $15

- Owen had his annual eye exam on Tuesday. It was our family's first eye exam with the new insurance and very affordable. Annabeth also had a doctor's appointment this week. Last year, these two appointments cost us nearly $500 this year they were under $100 for both!  Mark's new job has been such a blessing to our family in so many ways and our improved health insurance is in the top three highlights! We are so grateful God provided this opportunity for Mark.

- I watched a friend's kids on Wednesday and she paid me with an ice cream treat from Freddy's. Her kids are so well behaved, my kids had fun, and I got an ice cream! Win win for all!

- We stopped in a thrift store with two items on my list. I was able to find both right away! Owen had been needing a new pair of jeans and he only has one pair of shorts that will fit for summer so I've been looking as I have time. We found two pairs of Gymboree dress shorts (his favorite kind) for just $4 total!

- The kids and I dropped off books from our Spring Book Drive to Riley Children's Hospital. We were so excited to be able to donate over 50 books to kids at Riley!

- Since we were just two exits from the Children's Museum at our book drop off, we we went there for the day as well. We have an annual pass, they have free parking, and we packed our lunches for a free day of fun. The kids loved that the chocolate slide is up now - and I did too! It's fun!


We had a busy, fun week and are looking forward to Mark being off today and this weekend!

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: