Friday, May 10, 2019

Frugal Friday 294

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, our friends Ann and Max stopped by. They brought a very sweet Get-Well-Soon gift for Owen (and even a special gift for Annabeth as well) and also brought two backpack carriers to help us get Owen around this spring with his broken foot. Thank you so much!

- Saturday we drove down to Owensboro, KY for my family's annual Derby Party. We place small bets just among the family and I walked away the days big winner with $100 in winnings! Annabeth and I had a great fun making out own Derby Hats. She won for "Most Colorful"

We borrowed Annabeth's pink hat from my Mama.
We bought the rainbow feathers, white ribbon, and unicorn from Walmart for under $5. 

 I reused the same brown hat I've been decorating for a decade. 
I added blue and white ribbon from Walmart - around $3 for the blue ribbon and the white
was the same from Annabeth's. The horseshoe shirt was $4.99 last summer on Old Navy clearance.
I thought it would do double duty for Derby and for Colts games! 

- My parents treated our family of four to a hotel stay while in Owensboro as an early anniversary gift. We stayed right on the river and the kids loved staying up on the 6th floor with a river view! Mark and Owen took a long river walk on Sunday morning and Annabeth and I hit the pool. It was a great getaway that made the weekend feel a week long! It was a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of real life.

- Sunday we spent the day at Momaw's to celebrate her 89th birthday. There were quite a few tears when we had to say Good-Bye. I am so thankful for precious time with our family!

- On our trip, I collected all of the recyclable items and brought them home to be recycled. We came home with nearly 20 items that we would have had to throw away where we were staying. I was more than happy to bring them home to recycle.

- Tuesday evening after dinner we went out front to play. Our neighbors were out and so we spent an hour visiting on their porch. The kids rode bikes, blew bubbles, and I loved visiting with Ed and Gloria.

- Tuesday we enjoyed a Police Officer Storytime complete with a K9 unit. Owen now would like to be a K9 Officer. On Wednesday, we enjoyed a Llama Llama party at the library. Owen was recognized for finishing the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program. He finished last year but we did not make it to a party then. We made four library trips in two days! We love our libraries!

- Yesterday was the first rainy day of the week. The kids spent 5+ hours building and playing in blanket forts. I love how much fun they can create with just each other and some imagination!

- After Derby, we were sent home with some leftovers. I was able to modify our grocery plan for the week and had enough from last night's dinner to also provide lunch for company today.

Today and tomorrow we are garage sale-ing with friends! Come see us for some great deals!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: