Friday, May 17, 2019

Frugal Friday 295

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday and Saturday my friend Jeanette and I did a garage sale. We had each done the Spring Consignment sale and wanted to give everything one more try before we toted it up to donate or for the fall sale. I sold around $55 in housewares and children's items. I was able to get some great books into other homeschoolers hands and parted with some larger items (a mirror, window frame, and dart board) that had just been taking up space. We donated four large boxes of items to The Lord's Cupboard.

- We spent Mother's Day at church and with Mark's family. They fed us both lunch and dinner and we enjoyed visiting with the whole family. His family also kindly sent home pulled pork and chicken which Mark had for the meat in his lunches this week.

Mother's Day 2019
When did I became a Kid Mama?
I feel like this is the first year I don't have a "baby" in my 
Mother's Day picture. 

For weeks Owen has been saying that he wanted to make me a candle holder
for Mother's Day. Apparently on the show Fireman Sam there is a candle holder given as a 
gift and Owen HAD to make me one. Mark helped him decorate this giant candle 
with stickers and Owen was so excited and so proud.  

 Annabeth gifted me a binder of her artwork.
She has been holed up in the school room for a week working
on this secret project. She made drawings and paintings!

- I hosted a Younique makeup party with my friend Amanda Williams. My party didn't quite hit rewards on its own so I purchased an item to put me over. I combined some Ycash with my latest Rackuten check to pay under $20 shipped for that item. I also earned $26 in free items! Shop with Amanda here: Younique: Amanda Jean Williams

- We made a lot of crock-pot dinners this week. I like having them cook all day and the benefit of big leftovers the next day for lunch.

- Wednesday we enjoyed the last Church of God storytime of the school year. The kids love Miss Kelley and her lessons. We all enjoy visiting with this special group of friends. Kelley had extra bananas left over after the lesson and each family was able to take home a bunch of bananas.

- I went to Goodwill twice this week. We have some things coming up that I just wanted "new" clothes for. I scored some new tops and a nice pair of jeans. I also had some great $1 finds for Owen - a UofL shirt and a Cub Scout shirt that he will need in Kindergarten. I used my Goodwill rewards card to save 10%.

- Last night we made homemade donut muffins. Because of Annabeth's allergies, it's difficult for us to have store bought donuts that we can be sure are safe. Three of the four of us loved them and I think they will be our new go-to treat when we want donuts.

I'll see you Frugal Friday Readers back in 2 Weeks for a Frugal Friday Post on May 31!

Until then, watch next week for a post about marriage and Happy Savings to All!


No comments: