Friday, January 24, 2020

Frugal Friday 328

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We spent the holiday weekend in Evansville. Saturday the boys went to a military museum, lunch, and the LST. The girls went to lunch and did some clearance rack shopping. Sunday we enjoyed the day in Owensboro with Momaw.

- I have had my eye on a beautiful Matilda Jane Sweater and have debated getting it for myself as my birthday shirt. The $78 price tag has stopped me because that just feels crazy to me. On our shopping trip, we walked into Dillard's and there was a sweater almost like the one I loved! It fit but I put it back. Then I felt sad so I knew I needed it. I was so very pleasantly surprised to find it to be just $12.40 at checkout!

- On my mental wishlist I have had a set of bracelets from Uncommon James. To get the set would be nearly $100 shipped which, again, just feels crazy. While standing in the Old Navy checkout line (they had $.30 t-shirts!) I saw bracelets very similar. They were clearanced down to $4.97 so I bought them!

- Monday after we dropped Annabeth off at dance, Mark and I took Owen out on a little date. We went into Kroger for a salad bar and chicken/rice dinner. I made sure to check in with ShopKick and earned 45 points without buying anything special. On the way out we had the cutest moment with Owen, Mark let him carry the car keys and Owen said, in awe, "Can I unlock the door for everyone?" Mark said, "Yes" and...

Owen was SO excited. 
He said, "The is a big moment for me!"
I love the little moments that make everything so wonderful!

- We've all been a bit under the weather so we stayed home most of the week, read many many many library books, and enjoyed some movies from the library. I am thankful for simple, free fun.

- Tuesday Annabeth and I cleaned out her spring/summer and dance side of her closet. We listed about 10 items for sale on Facebook. We've sold three but I hope to sell a few more to help cut down on storing items until the spring kids' sale.

- Tuesday evening Annabeth had her monthly 4H meeting. They played a fun new game and decorated cookies after the formal part of the meeting. I am especially thankful for leaders who e-mailed ahead of time so we could bring our own cookie supplies and for the AMAZING family who made/brought ONLY Anna-Safe items for the decorating so she was able to make the same cookies as the other kids.

We are looking forward to a magical weekend with Disney on Ice!

Happy Savings to All!





1 comment:

Abbi said...

That is so cute about Owen unlocking the door for everyone. Have fun and Disney on Ice. I have never been to that but it sounds like fun. We started out our weekend in a fun way by going down-hill skiing this evening.