Friday, June 5, 2020

Frugal Friday 347

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday morning Mark and his dad went fishing. We've had a stressful couple of weeks and it was great for Mark to get out for the morning.

- Saturday afternoon we enjoyed having Mark's family over for a Batman Party to celebrate Owen's 5th birthday. We served pizza, fruit, salad, and homemade Batman cookies. Owen's Batman shirt and the Batman decor was FREE thanks to a giftcard from my Ibotta earnings. We had Batman plates and napkins which I got for FREE with a $6 off my order coupon from Meijer. We had some Batman table covers that I fashioned from one large table cloth that we had used the weekend before for his birthday with my family.

- Mark took each of the kids out individually for fishing trips over the weekend. I enjoyed an evening home alone with each of them as well. We really treasure one-on-one time with each of our kids.

- Sunday morning we watched our weekly church service as well as the Bishop's Aldersgate Service. After church, we had brunch outside and Mark received an encouraging check-in phone call from our pastor. Mark and I enjoyed a nice, long conversation out on the porch.

- I had been on the hunt for water shoes for Owen. Both my Mama and I found a pair so I was able to return mine. I received $10.49 back which went into the grocery budget for the week.

- Tuesday we enjoyed celebrating Owen's 5th Birthday. In our house, the birthday person chooses the food  and all activities. He had a take-out donut for breakfast, we rode bikes at the high school, had a PBJ and chips backyard picnic, dessert at Hoosier Cupboard Candy, more afternoon bike riding, scooter time, sprinkler fun, and freezer pizza and homemade cake for dinner. He called it the "best birthday ever" and we were extra blessed to have Mark home for a lot of it!

 Celebrating #5 on the train!

 Best Friends

Homemade cake with a chocolate vanilla swirl

- We have been redoing some landscaping and had a couple dozen bricks that we now aren't using. We were able to pass along to my parents for a project at their house.

We are having a three family garage sale at our house today and tomorrow! Come by for deals on books, homeschool supplies, clothes, and more!

Thank you. That isn't even a big enough way to say how much gratitude I feel for the friends who have reached out to say that they are praying for Mark's safety and that they appreciate his service. Being a LEO family always comes with challenges and right now it's physically dangerous and we also face the harsh, unkind words of both strangers and friends. We are praying for peace.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: