Friday, June 26, 2020

Frugal Friday 351

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday we did the second part of our garage sale with friends. We sold from 8-4 and brought in quite a bit of money thanks to the sale of our IKEA egg chair and many small items. I took a carload of items to donate at the end.

- Last week a kind person donated gallons of milk to the police department for the officers to share with their families. Mark brought a gallon home for us. Thank you local friend!

- Saturday, we spent the afternoon dropping off for the Here We Grow Again - Indy South Sale. We dropped nearly 700 items off thanks to the three express taggers plus our own items.

- Mark worked a great deal of overtime. Summer is always busy.

- Sunday we celebrated Father's Day with breakfast out with Mark's family. We arrived at the restaurant quite early so Mark drove over to a church where he sometimes has meetings and he knew they had a playground. We turned the corner and much to Annabeth's wonder and amazement, the playground was covered in vultures! We watched a little fox run away and then sat watching the vultures (her favorite animals) for quite a while! She was so very happy.

- Monday our libraries opened to Grab-and-go! We were SO excited to be able to go in, browse, and get our own books! We each checked out a large bag of books. Our libraries had a good, clear plan for reopening to keep everyone distant and things very clean. I felt very comfortable going in, browsing, and reading the books at home.

- Monday night I had my eye doctor appointment. I did get glasses from our doctor's office as I really appreciate the quality of care I receive from them in fitting my glasses and the warranty I receive. My doctor did ask that I begin wearing prescription sunglasses (I ALWAYS wear sunglasses when outdoors but I had not splurged on RX ones since I mostly needed my glasses for reading) Instead of getting them from the office, I ordered from Zenni and saved $5 using a friend's referral code. (You can click my link above to save $5 on your first order)

- Wednesday afternoon Luke kept our kids and our nephew and Cassidy and I headed to the Here We Grow Again Indy South Sale. I found EVERY item on our wishlist! My most expensive item was only $8 (a Matilda Jane dress!) and I spent only $3.34/average per item. I found jeans and shorts for both kids, Disney shirts, t-shirts, one book per kid, and even a pair of shorts for myself. I went back late in the evening because I had forgotten to look at the sports section for a t-ball bat for Owen. I didn't find a bat but I did find $1 ball pants!

- Yesterday we spent the day at Camp Lakeview - our favorite place on earth! Our friends the Ebling had rented it overnight and asked us to join them for the day. This was a (very) belated birthday celebration for Rose, SJ, and Owen. We had the best day at one of the best places! Thank you Eblings for the invite!

No where else on earth I'd rather be. 

We had such a wonderful week as we spent more time with more people that we love!

We are looking forward to a fun, summer weekend.

Happy Savings to All!



No comments: