Friday, January 28, 2022

Frugal Friday 428

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Saturday, we enjoyed our niece's first birthday party. It had a winter wonderland theme and we had fun gifting snacks, and Elsa outfit, and a snowy day book. Thank you to the Campbell family who also passed along several clothing items and winter boots for Annabeth. We look forward to her growing into them.

- Sunday we opted to worship from home through our church YouTube page. Mark is headed to a training soon so we are working very hard to be as socially distant as possible so that he stays healthy and able to go. 

- I mentioned that we are doing a low-spend January. We did have to purchase a few items for dance this week. I generally buy Annabeth two pairs of ballet tights each January and with careful wear/washing they last until the next January. We also purchased a couple additional items for costumes. I compared prices and saved $5 + got free shipping by comparing several sites. I was able to earn cashback through Rakuten

- I listed and sold several items on Facebook. We also donated some new with tag cold-weather items to a free little pantry. 

- I set aside 15 minutes each day to clean out and organize small sections of our home - kitchen cabinets, closets, etc. Many of these areas I had put off organizing and had allowed them to become frustratingly cluttered. I also cleared the front of our fridge except for magnets. The kids LOVE to hang all kinds of notes and artwork on there but during the long winter months when we are home all day, everyday I feel very overwhelmed by the clutter. I typically clear off all the counters, the fridge, etc and that helps me feel more calm. 

- I helped our dance studio run their winter Cards for a Cause fundraiser through my Usborne Books & More business. I combined this CFAC with a local family raising money for medical bills. Through the fundraiser they all earned $250+ Are you interested in your school, organization, or team earning money through this fundraiser? Just ask! 

- We have been cooking our way through cookbooks from Christmas and the kids have been especially enjoying Disney and Harry Potter meals. Last Friday night, Annabeth made homemade brownies and two kinds of hummus. She spread out veggie platters, hummus, naan, homemade sweet potato friends, and brownies Family Style on the table. She had music playing and place-cards for everyone. It was really fun to watch her put it all together so we could have a special "Disney Restaurant" dinner.

I am so proud that at ten she is able to bake/cook almost entirely on her own.
I am also proud that she is able to correctly, and beautifully, set her own table.
These social and homemaking skills are a huge part of why we homeschool.

- Mark and I launched our combined Valentine's Books and Bags. Mark will be making custom Valentine Bags and we'll be pairing them with a beautiful Usborne or Kane Miller book. You can learn more, and order here: Valentine Books and Bags


We had a big change in plans for the weekend/next week that just came across the schedule yesterday. 
We are looking forward to having Mark in town next week! Hooray!

Happy Savings to All! 






No comments: