Friday, September 23, 2022

Frugal Friday 461

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday after school, the kids and I drove down to Evansville. My parents treated us all to sushi dinner. It was lovely to stop by to see our dear friend Helen and to give her a hug. The pandemic had kept us apart for far too long. After dinner, Lu and I went for a long walk while the others stayed back to have a bonfire.

- Saturday we traveled down to Reelfoot Lake, TN. We enjoyed a BBQ lunch, visited a couple of areas at the state park, and saw the nature preserve. The kids were especially excited to see the raptors on display. Owen saw his bald eagles and Annabeth saw her owls. Both were in heaven!

- Sunday we went to the Discovery Park of America. I can't begin to explain how much there was to see and do there so I'll just leave a link for you to add it to your own exploration bucket lists. We opened and closed the museum and still had SO much we will have to go back to see!

- We had a sunset dinner at Blue Bank Resort. The view was gorgeous, the food was great, and it took me back to the dozens of waterside meals I shared with my own grandparents. It meant so much to me to be able to travel with Dad, Mama, and Lu and to have my kids make precious memories with them. Thank you to my parents for spoiling us with the beautiful lakehouse stay, museum tickets, and meals out. It was wonderful!



- Mark worked Saturday for a special event for work. Because of work he was unable to come with us this trip.

- Monday the kids and I drove back the 6+ hours from Tennessee so they could be at dance that night. We resisted the urge to stop and eat or pick up dinner once we got back in town. We ate car snacks and then ate  dinner at home. 

- Last night we enjoyed an Indianapolis Indians game. For years, in fact since I moved out for college, I have done EVERY survey one very receipt/website with the hopes of someday winning something. This was finally the time! Thank you to Meijer and Stouffer's Family Ballpark Experience for the game tickets (right behind home plate!) and for the giftcard which made snacks free for the kids! 

Seats right behind home plate were SO fun!

Meeting Rowdie and getting his autograph

Every game Mr. O, naturally, wants a picture with the Indians truck and cars. 

We had what felt like a really long week at home. I'm still feeling only about 80% after a high fever early in the week. Thankfully Mark's had some flexibility at work from working last weekend so he could help with the evening running for me. Looking forward to having a voice again and feeling 100% soon. 

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: