Friday, September 30, 2022

Frugal Friday 462

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here's how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday night we had Annabeth's birthday with her friends. We bought tickets to see the 6th Harry Potter movie at our local historic theater ($28 for 6 people) and took the girls all out for Frozen Paradise ($26 for 6 people) The girls all came with Harry Potter themed outfits, loved the ice treats, played on the courthouse lawn, and stayed out VERY late to enjoy the movie. I was happy to skip buying decor for a party and to support local businesses. Annabeth said it was the perfect night out with her best friends and I loved that it was exactly what she wanted!

- Saturday morning the kids performed at the Franklin Fall Festival. It was the last performance of their favorite dances from last season. I walked to a coffee cart where Mark's friends work and they really kindly gave us our coffees free. (Saved around $10) We also stayed after the kids danced for a free magic show. Mark, Annabeth, and me all got called up to help in the magic which was a Bucket List item for me! I have always loved magic and illusions. 

- Saturday afternoon we drove down to McCormick's Creek State Park for a family wedding. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, Savannah and Aunt Cheri had carefully thought out every single piece of the decor, hand making so many items, and it was truly just so beautiful. Join us in praying for Michael and Savannah as they begin married life. 

- Sunday morning I snagged a Shutterfly deal on stationary and address labels. I got 10 cards and one set of labels free - Saved $39.98!

- Sunday after church we went to Kristi's for Annabeth's birthday lunch with the Rileys. The Indy Rileys were sick and the IL Rileys had a change in travel plans but we brought over homemade Luna Lovegood cookies. Kristi got all the things to make homemade sushi too. One of her gifts was a new Monopoly game so we played a round before dropping Luke's gift by his house for his birthday.

 
Annabeth's homemade Luna Lovegood glasses cookie. SO cute!
Her baking skills amaze me.

 - Sunday evening Annabeth and I dropped 300+ items by the Here We Grow Again Indy South Sale. My two usual families skipped this sale so I took on a new consigner. Thank you to the Asher and Sichting families for saving wire hangers for me and to Cassidy for passing along some of her unused tagging supplied. I only have about $10 invested before the sale begins which means more profit! 

- A local dance family ran a Cards for a Cause fundraiser through my book business and earned over $350 towards their dance fees! Wow! I love how quick and easy this fundraiser is. They turned in money and orders last week and this week their accounts are credited and cards have arrived. Truly so quick and easy!

- I picked up a coffee yesterday. I used a giftcard making it free!

- While tempted to order in dinner last night for Family Movie Night, we resisted and Mark and the kids cooked dinner together. Annabeth made eggs and Mark and Owen made biscuits and gravy. We watched the new Call of the Wild movie and had a great dinner. 

- Through October 5, I am running my annual Fall Book Drive to benefit the Riley Cheer Guild. If you feel led to donate here is my link: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8NFiXHkMfh

We are looking forward to a busy weekend, with family in town. Thankful for each precious moment with those we love.

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: