Friday, December 23, 2022

Frugal Friday 473

 Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Friday evening Mark and I enjoyed the Scout Leader Party. Mark has been a leader with his pack/troop since he turned 18 and the other leaders are his best friends. This is the first year that I have gone along for the party and it was good to see everyone. Thank you to Kristi for keeping the kids for the evening and for making them dinner.

- Saturday we had a long, slow day at home. We have been running for weeks on end, going to bed way too late, and just generally wearing ourselves down. The boys did a little Saturday morning run for a scout project, I caught up on some work for our homeschool co-op and my book business, and Annabeth enjoyed reading for the day. 

- Sunday evening we enjoyed a free country concert at our church. They played a great mix of Christmas songs, original country songs, some old Gospel songs, and a beautiful version of one of my favorites "The Nails in Your Hands." This was the song that at age 16 I sang as I quietly dedicated my life to the Lord. I had known for years that Jesus died for my sins but on a warm summer night, near a campfire, I closed my eyes and sang that song just to Jesus. I let Him know that "forever my heart, forever my life is yours..." That night was my "heartwarming" moment as I knew Who I lived for, Who I served, and why I would choose to spend my life living Acts 20:24.

- Monday was delightfully sunny! We took a prairie walk around the Trafalgar Library after school. It was great to get some sunshine in.

- Each year, since 2015, Annabeth and I take an annual dessert walk around our town square. A few years ago, she asked if the tradition could be to get Starbucks Snowman cookies for the walk. Monday was so wonderfully, winter warm (43) that we did our walk that night. It was one of our remaining Christmas Bucket List items and while it wasn't free I had built it into our December budget.


- This week I ran my Annual Giving Tree fundraiser with my book business. This year, we will be donating activity books to KIC-IT. We will donate them the first week of January alongside donations from our homeschool co-op as it is our annual service project. Thank you to all who supported this fundraiser!

- The kids enjoyed several Christmas parties this week. Owen had his Cub Scout party and tagged along to the Boy Scout party with Mark. They both also enjoyed a pizza and game night at dance. They took along their teacher gifts - hand painted cards and boxes of chocolate. 

The real cold came in last night and we are thankful for a warm house, time together, and a weekend to celebrate the Savior's birth. 

Happy Savings to All! Merry Christmas to all! 



No comments: