Friday, February 12, 2016

Frugal Friday 129

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely:

- Saturday we renewed our Sam's Club membership (for FREE thanks to a gift card from Mark's parents for Christmas) and were gifted a cart of groceries from my parents for my birthday. Thank you all!

- Sunday we hosted Mark's family for Superbowl. Mark made homemade chili and cornbread. We froze some of the leftovers and sent some home with his parents.

- We also celebrated my birthday and Valentine's Day with his family that night. They brought a 5 lb double decker cookie cake. It was wonderful but also HUGE!! We sent some home with them and then Monday morning I cut a lot of it up into cute little pieces and placed on a tray for Mark to take to work.

- Monday we had a "fashion show" and Annabeth tried on her clothes from last summer. All that are too small or getting too small were entered online for the spring consignment sale. I still have more than two totes in the garage to get entered but it felt good to get started.

- We visited the Eblings on Thursday. Asher is now one and not eating as much baby food. They sent home a whole bag for Owen. Thank you!!

- We stopped at the outlet mall on the way home from Louisville to spend a $20 off $20 purchase coupon. I was able to get each of the kids two shirts for less than the price of one! What a deal!

- Annabeth and I are reading the Samantha series from American Girl. We brought the books back from my parents attic and it thrilled me when she wanted to read them with me. I love spending as much time with my girl as I can!

We had a busy week at home. Mr. O is crawling and getting into everything! Annabeth was 22 months when we moved into this house so it's the first time we have had a crawler here and we are having to constantly make adjustments to how we use space and store things up out of his way. Thankfully he listens very well and is learning to respond correctly to "no" quite well.

So thankful for these precious baby days. 

We hope you all had a wonderful week well!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: