Friday, February 19, 2016

Frugal Friday 130

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely this week:

- The kids and I painted Valentines for Mark. Annabeth made Frozen ones and Owen and I painted hearts. We also hand wrote thank yous for our Valentines and my birthday gifts.

 Our sweet boy loves to paint - and chew on paintbrushes. 

- We have continued our commitment to not eat out for the month of February. That being said, I REALLY enjoyed having my family in town and being taken out to eat for my birthday weekend.

- My mama made some new curtains for our back door. She repurposed scarves and made them into beautiful curtains. Thank you!

- I did use my free birthday drink from Starbucks. I figured this wasn't really eating out since it was totally free and I did not buy anything while there. Saved: $5.45

- We made our third trip to the library this month and earned hot chocolate mix and popcorn as our prizes. Since we do not have a microwave we shared the popcorn with friends and enjoyed the hot chocolate ourselves.

- We received our Ebates checks for this quarter. Between Mark and I, we made nearly $50 back just by shopping online through Ebates! We will add this money to savings.

- I worked on consignment sale items for the spring sale. Now that the spare bedroom is Owen's room I am having to redo how I organize for the sale. Dad brought a ton of wire hangers for me and I am thankful to not have to purchase any for this sale! Thank you Dad!

- We met friends at the mall on Thursday. I planned the day so that we would eat lunch at home and packed a special snack. We did not get lunch or snacks at the mall as we often do. This took a lot of willpower.

We had another busy week of school and cleaning projects around the house. Many friends are doing consignment sales this spring and their hard work on theirs is encouraging me to get going on mine!

We hope you all had a wonderful week as well!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: