Friday, January 20, 2017

Frugal Friday 177

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- We had friends over last Friday for a play-date. We had all planned to meet at the Children's Museum but the incoming ice storm left us wary of traveling up north. So, we had them over for lunch and play. We made little homemade pizzas and the kids were able to get some of their energy out.

- Mark worked one night at his part-time job.

- We celebrated our 100th Day of School! I decorated with items that I purchased from the Dollar Tree using a gift card.

Celebrating her 100th Day of School
(We are a bit late on the celebration as we are actually 112 days into school)

- I committed to a part-time summer babysitting job. It will be just two days a week and we will enjoy having this friend of Annabeth's over to share our days with us. While I very much enjoy saving money to help with our budget, I also really enjoy the times when I am able to bring in extra income. This job will cover summer dance and swim lessons!

- Monday night we planned to eat out, Mark ended up being called into work. The kids and I stayed home and had leftovers. I had no desire to cook, especially when I thought we were going to have the treat of eating out for the first time in two weeks, but resisted the urge to spend money on just the kids and me. We can save that money for a time when all of us can go together.

- I purchased Girl Scout Cookies from two friends of Annabeth's. Since Annabeth's nut allergy makes it difficult to buy most brands of store-bought cookies, we chose the "Donate to a troop" option and donated  boxes to the military. Girl Scouts covered the shipping for this option and we were happy to help each of these girls work towards their cookie goals.

- We have not eaten out in the three weeks. We, like most people in January, are working on a healthier lifestyle and not eating out is part of that. I have had fun finding new recipes on Pinterest and we have been eating meat and veggies in ways that I would have never tried before.

- I got my PinchMe box on Wednesday and was SO excited! My freebies this month were a bottle of body wash, a 100 calorie snack, and a dish cloth. Those were all nice but I was SO excited that I also had a 8x8 photo book FREE code from Shutterfly! Woohoo!!

- I opened a Shutterfly e-mail and found a FREE 8x8 photo book offer in there as well! I am so excited as I am always working on projects!

- I purchased Annabeth her next size tennis shoes from Stride Rite online. I LOVE that they give Rewards members free shipping and free returns on all purchases. I was able to get the shoes for under $20 shipped plus I earned 4.5% back through Ebates!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend with a birthday party for a special 2 year old in our life and a short trip to Evansville/Owensboro for the kids and me. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!





No comments: