Friday, January 27, 2017

Frugal Friday 178

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- The kids and I combined trips to save time and gas. Saturday morning we attended a birthday party in the Louisville area and then headed to Evansville for a long weekend. This was the best use of gas and time for the three of us.
One of the best parts of going home is cuddling with Uli Dog.
My family got Uli when I was just 14 and she is the very best, sweetest dog in the world!

- My parents gave me my birthday gift early. They gifted me with money to spend (only on myself) and watched the kids while I shopped! I was able to get a new dress and shoes for a special occassion we have next month. I also purchased a new pair of everyday shoes. After Owen, my feet went up another 1/2 size so many of my shoes no longer fit. I have been slowly buying all the shoes I need in the new size.

- We spent Sunday at my Momaw's house. She recently redid her china cabinet so my sister and I helped her with the last of the cleanout. We each took some items to use in our homes and then wrapped other items for a junk exchange I am hosting next weekend.

- I brought back 5 boxes/totes for the junk exchange from our trip down south. I have filled two boxes as well! I love hosting these events and hope people can find new uses for other people's items.

- A few weeks ago, I posted on Facebook that I am on the hunt for wire hangers for the upcoming Consignment Sale. Four people brought me some and I am so thankful! Thank you Ann, Dad, Cassidy, and Vicki!

- A family at work sent home a couple of bags on hand-me-downs for Annabeth. I took what we needed and passed the rest on to more friends. We love receiving and we love sharing hand-me-downs! Thank you Talley Family!

- I listed some more items for sale on Facebook. I have been trying to list a few things each week after seeing my friend Abbi (check out her blog at Proverbs 31 Living) do this. I am hoping it will encourage me to keep cleaning out and maybe even make a bit of extra money.

- We finally made it to Wonderful Ones Storytime for Owen again. Last fall I did not do a great job of going but have made it a goal to make sure he goes more often this spring. It was MUCH easier now that he is walking! He was really able to dance and play more.

We are looking forward to a great weekend celebrating our nephew's 5th birthday! :)

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: