Happy New Year! Happy 2017!
Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money the past two weeks:
- We took the kids to our new Kroger Marketplace for lunch. We purchased their lunch using a Kroger gift card, Mark's Christmas bonus from his part time job, and a Starbucks gift card for dessert.
- Our family and friends gave our children many useful Christmas gifts. We were especially thankful for all of the items that we can use for school - books, craft supplies, pens and pencils, and more. Thank you all!
- I received an e-mail saying that I had credit at ThredUp. I didn't realize I did and it was exciting to do some extra shopping! I was able to order a really nice like-new fleece. Annabeth did not care for it, since it was black in color, so I washed it and put it into Owen's tote. I paid just the shipping ($5.99) out of pocket.
- While in Evansville, I took the kids to an owl program at Wesselman Woods Nature Center. We met our friends Debbie and India there. The girls enjoyed a lesson on owls, making an owl craft, and a nice December hike. It was great to be outdoors! It was just $8 for the kids and I to get in the nature center and for the class.
- My parents treated Annabeth to a Grandmama-Grandpa-Annabeth date and took her to the Fantasy of Lights. They used a coupon from Mama's work so admission was FREE!
- My mama and sister took Annabeth to see the movie Sing. She loved getting to go to the movies, a special treat, and Owen and I enjoyed a nice long browsing session at Hobby Lobby while they were there.
- My parents gifted our family a year-long membership to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. We took the kids on the 2nd so they could see Jolly Days and the Doc McStuffin's exhibits before they close. We are so excited to have this membership! We did make the mistake of not packing lunch and had to buy lunch in the cafeteria - expensive! We won't make that mistake again!
Owen enjoyed the penguins at Jolly Days.
They were almost as tall as him but he loved carrying them around anyway!
- We have been enjoying Christmas Break from school, we will start back full force next week. This week I enjoyed making a wreath and reading in my free time. Annabeth enjoyed making an owl craft and together we built a foam dollhouse. It was nice to spend our afternoons together not in formal school.
We had a truly blessed Christmas and New Year's Week. It was difficult to not spend the time as a family as Mark worked Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. He also worked many days in between. We are thankful for texting and for Uncle Luke's Facetime so Mark could watch the kids open gifts.
We pray that you all had a wonderful Christmas season as well. As we head into 2017, we look forward to continuing to be good stewards of what the Lord has given us.
Happy Savings to All!