Here is how we saved me money/spent money wisely/made extra money last week:
- Last Friday, we had movie night at our neighbors. Andrea and I both brought out left-overs from the week and we all enjoyed a mish-mash dinner while watching Moana.
- Saturday morning Mark ran out and got donuts. We also bought a dozen for our friends and neighbors and left them as a surprise on their porch.
Owen eating his first donut.
He ate about half of it!
- Saturday I hosted a LuLaRoe Party. I earned one FREE item and one item 50% off. I was able to get two new shirts for under $20! Thank you to everyone who came and shopped!
- Saturday afternoon, Annabeth and I had a bit of a Girls' Day! We shopped a 50% Day at a consignment store and scored 5 items for $5.35 - one leotard, one fleece sweatshirt, one sparkly tank, a Wonder Woman t-shirt, and a Note Dame shirt. Retail it would have been nearly $100 to buy them all new! We had a HUGE savings!
- Marked worked at his part time job.
- I cleaned out my closet and was able to share clothes with four different friends. I am working really hard to only keep the things that I love to wear.
- I mailed an envelope of Box Tops for Education to the Indiana Association of Home Educators. We have been able to donate $10 this year just through Box Tops. Thank you to my parents who save theirs for IAHE as well. If you collect box tops and would like to support homeschooling in Indiana, I would be happy to mail them for you or you can mail them to: IAHE, PO Box 217, Stilesville, IN 46180.
- Tuesday we cleaned out the schoolroom bookshelf and Annabeth selected two books to trade at the Free Little Library. Wednesday morning we traded books at the FLL and walked the Story Walk in Franklin. The kids love reading the books and running along the paths. It began to thunder during our first round so we drove down the street to the library to play and check out books. I love our library system!
- The kids have grown quite a bit in the past month or so. I was able to pack up a big box of hand-me-downs to return to their cousins. Jenn always gives us her kids' hand-me-downs and then I return them to her when we are done. She then either passes them on again or sells them. I think it is so fun to have my kids wearing outfits that their cousins wore too! :)
We had a good week this week and are so thankful for the beautiful weather! Spring has sprung!
Happy Savings to All!