Friday, April 28, 2017

Frugal Friday 190

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Saturday morning the kids and I got up early to go to my favorite kids' sale. Well, I had missed the memo that the sale had been cancelled! I was sad to miss the deals I love but I did save whatever money I would have spent!

- Saturday afternoon I shopped a Banana Box Sale at UTS with a friend. I got approx $125 worth of groceries for $27!

Mr. O, just hanging out, eating a banana 

- I trimmed Annabeth's hair at home. We need to keep it long so it will fit in her bun for dance but the ends were in dire need of some trimming! Saved the cost of a salon haircut.

- Sunday Mark and Annabeth did our grocery shopping for the week and had a little mini date at the Starbucks in our Kroger. Annabeth enjoyed a Parrot Cake Pop thanks to a gift card she won during the Kuhn Family Easter Egg Hunt.

- My sister-in-law Jenn gave us four boxes of gluten free mixes. Owen has a gluten sensitivity and while some foods work fine with his system (tortillas and some pizza crust) many others make him very sick. We try to keep his diet as gluten free as possible and these mixes were very much appreciated.

- Monday I dropped my items off for the Spring Consignment Sale. I actually had a very small load to take over. Neither one of the kids have grown a great deal since last summer so they can both wear many of the same things they wore last year. I also sold many of last summer's items at the end of summer on Facebook.

- Mark worked one night at his part time job.

- Mark's mom brought Owen five new wooden puzzles. We now have a whole preschool puzzle shelf! Mr. O will be ready for 2 year old preschool in the fall! Thank you!

- A few weeks ago, we got a free sample of pull-ups and some pull-up coupons in the mail. Neither one of our kids wear them so we passed them along to a friend who could use them.

- When our new washing machine came, we got some free samples of Tide pods. We cannot use Tide so I offered them on Facebook and a friend said she could use them. I was glad to pass them along.

- Since we had to replace our carseats follow our car accident, I shared them with friends who could use them during Target's carseat trade in this month. They were able to get an additional 20% off their next car seat purchase.

- I shopped the Here We Grow Again - Indy South sale. I found some great clothes for Annabeth, 2 books for Owen, and one outdoor toy for the kids to share. It came out to an average of $4/item. I also got beat to the Boutique rack and lost out on the Matilda Jane outfit I really wanted for Annabeth. I was sad but our budget was happy!

One of my favorite parts of the week was that we finally got our car into the shop on Tuesday to be fixed. Since it was going to be quite a few days (we still don't have it back) our insurance gave us a rental for the week. I have had fun driving a brand-new shiny black SUV. The kids love watching the back-up camera on the dashboard. I am thankful for insurance to cover the cost of the damages, the new carseats, and also the rental of this fun car for the week!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: