Friday, April 13, 2018

Frugal Friday 240

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Encouraged by a couple of friends' posts about sensory play I decided to get back out our rice and beans to play with. Both kids had hours of fun with them!

Lots of fun pouring, dumping, and digging! 

- Saturday and Sunday Annabeth competed at the Beyond the Stars Talent Competition. We packed our own lunches and snacks both days and did not spend any money at concessions or the t-shirt shop.

Sunday morning, ready for her solo "Lollipop"

- Saturday night, after dance, we went out to Mark's parents house to visit. Mark's mom ended up treating us to a pizza dinner and sent home the leftovers. Thank you! :)

- Monday morning I was in a deep cleaning mood and Owen and I spent about 90 minutes working in the school room. We ended up with half a trash can and a whole recycling tote full of items. I was glad to get rid of many half-finished or completely colored coloring and activity books. I also got rid of lots of little scraps of things.

- I enjoyed Starbucks twice thanks to a giftcard from my birthday. Thank you Luke and Cassidy!

- Last week we made quick trip to the mall to return things and, of course, had to stop by Old Navy. We spent just enough to earn Super Cash with the purchase of four items the kids needed for summer. I didn't really have a need to go back so I put the Super Cash up for grabs on Facebook and was able to share it with a friend who was planning to shop there this week. I was glad to save her some money and to resist the temptation for myself to spend more.

- Our friend Susie (of a GALi on a Mission) makes beautiful handmade items to raise money for missions. We purchased a Little Red Riding Hood and Big Bag Wolf at Christmas to give to Annabeth along with her Little Red book and bow. This week Susie had a contest on her Facebook page and I won! She let me choose any of her handmade items and I chose a little unicorn which I will save back for Annabeth's birthday in the fall. Thank you so much Susie! Please visit and join her Facebook page to find beautiful items made and sold for a great cause.

- Our sweet neighbors are back from their winter in Florida. Miss Gloria said that she does quite a bit of crafting while there and crochets items for each of her daughters. This year she added me to her list and brought us beautiful yellow potholders and dishcloths to match our red/yellow kitchen. We have been so richly blessed to have such wonderful neighbors and friends!

- Last night, Mark and I had our first date since December. We enjoyed the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce's "Meet the Candidates" as we supported our friend Kirby Cochran for Sheriff. We also ran to the grocery to shop for the week. That doesn't sound too exciting but we only go on about 3-4 dates a year and I love any time I get him to myself.

We had a good week and I had a lot of "cleaning energy" so I went through lots of things and kept things moving out of the house. Even though I feel like we do that quite often we still have way too much stuff!

Happy Savings to All!

2 comments:

Abbi said...

All your deep cleaning sounds inspiring. I am wanting to do that in my office area. I have done it a little in my music area lately and that feels good.

Amy and Mark said...

I think it is "Spring Cleaning Fever" around here. Our weather is much, much colder than usual for this time of year so we've been inside more than usual. My house project list is thankful though!