Friday, April 20, 2018

Frugal Friday 241

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, the kids and I went to Nasvhille/Brown County for the day. We took in a little magic show and mini-class as part of a field trip with some school friends. We also had lunch (for under $10 at Brozzinis) and played at the new little natural playground in Nashville. We had a great day with the Evans family. On the way home, we stopped at the Bean Blossom Overlook and the kids loved looking out over the "mountains" and being on top of the world.

In front of a fun store in Nasvhille. Both of the kids 
loved all the windchimes at this one!

 Holding hands at the overlook. They loved how little towns looked from
way up high and tried to see who could see the farthest.
I pray they always take time to stop and enjoy the journey. 

- Saturday morning, Mark took the kids out for a rain walk. They walked over a mile and apparently had fun looking at worms. I took that 90 minutes to tag for the consignment sale next week.

- Saturday we had an indoor family campout. Owen and Mark camped out in his room (Owen basically only sleeps in his own bed but wanted a buddy) and Annabeth and I camped out in the living room.

- We had three trees die over the fall and winter. Mark cut them all down over the weekend. I am so thankful that he has skills like that - they save us so much money! I am also so thankful that he allows both kids to "help" so they can learn those skills as well.

- Sunday we had lunch at dinner at Mark's parents' house after church. Thank you all! They also sent home a bit of leftovers which was much appreciated.

- Monday morning I did our big school order from our homeschool publications company (Alpha Omega Publications) since everything is 20% off in April. We saved $62.63 by shopping this month. It was hard to believe I was ordering the Pre-School books again and 2nd grade! Where is the time going?!

- I found an item to give as a gift. It's original company offered free shipping but no discount or eBates. I did some searching and found it on another site - also free shipping plus 3.5% back through eBates!

- I continued with my spring cleaning and took down a room's worth of wallpaper border and did a HUGE kitchen cleaning. I did all of the cabinets, counters, etc. It's been a bit easier to stay focused on spring cleaning this year as it's still cold enough to snow outside! I hope to get it all done before it actually gets warm again!

We are looking forward to a fun weekend ahead an hope that you are as well!

Happy Savings to All!

No comments: