Friday, April 6, 2018

Frugal Friday 239

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last weekend we made a quick trip to Evansville to celebrate Easter with my family. My mama treated us to a trip to the Children's Museum of Evansville. After buying tickets, we realized if we all went one more time we would spend as much as buying an annual pass. She generously upgraded the trip to a Family Memebership. We look forward to visiting lots in the next year! Thank you!

- Friday we went to Owensboro to visit my Momaw. My dad and Mark took the kids down to Smothers Park on the river and they were so excited to be outside playing (the parks in our town are currently under water due to flooding) My dad also bought a new kite and took Annabeth over to Kentucky Wesleyan to fly it. She loved that special date with him.

My Monkey-Monk and her new monkey kite
Photo Credit: David Kuhn

- We had two wonderful Easter celebrations and egg hunts with each side of the family. We were thankful to be at our own church on Easter morning and then spent the afternoon celebrating at Matt and Jenn's. We had a nice pitch-in lunch and we took squash casserole, asparagus, and butter kuchen.

Riley Four - Easter 2018

- Mark worked two nights at his part-time job. He worked his usual shift and covered for a friend. I put together a book basket for a silent auction for the Scrap Pink Ball. I am so thankful be able to use my Usborne Books & More business to bless others.

- Last weekend my sister and I traded big bags of clothes. We each chose about five "new" items from the others. I love shopping her closet and it forces me to clean out mine so I can trade with her. We had a HUGE bag to donate at the end of it as well!

- Monday morning we woke up to snow. The kids loved getting out and playing in it before it melted.

- Monday into Tuesday we had TONS of rain. By Tuesday evening we finally caught a break between thunderstorms, so I grabbed the rainboots, raincoats, and the kids' new Easter umbrellas from Mark's parents and we took a long rain walk. The kids have so much energy and it's hard for them to be stuck inside all day.

- Wednesday morning we ran up to Greenwood to go to the mall. We went early and I gave the kids 90 minutes to play on the mall playground. It's not really that big or awesome but they were happy to be out of the house and to have it to themselves. We also returned two items - one was a shirt of mine so I now have store credit at Macy's and the other was Owen's Easter shirt that I had ordered online that came after Easter Sunday. He doesn't really need another dress shirt so we returned it and put the money back in our bank account. We also walked quite a few laps around the mall to get out energy. We resisted the urge to eat out and ate our packed snacks and then drove home for lunch.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend filled with dance and birthdays!

Happy Savings to All!




No comments: