Friday, June 29, 2018

Frugal Friday 251

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, Owen took a fall near our fireplace and hurt his foot. He was not willing to walk on it and so we took him to Immediate Care for an x-ray. Thankfully his foot is not broken, just a sprain, but he was in a lot of pain for much of the week. We are thankful that we have a savings built up for medical expenses so we take care of things now knowing we have a way to pay for them.

- Annabeth and I enjoyed last weekend at Camp Lakeview for Mother Daughter Weekend. We paid for the weekend with our earnings from the Spring Consignment Sale.

- I took a bag of shoes to a friend. I had a small collection of very nice shoes I had purchased on clearance, with my discount, when I worked at Macy's. Since having the kids I have gone up a full shoe size but have had a hard time letting go of my nice (Born, Merrell, Sperry, and Chaco) shoes. When Katie said she knew some ladies who could use them I was happy to pass them on finally.

- Annabeth spent her mornings at Shipwrecked VBS at Mt. Olive Lutheran this week. We invited her friend Kinsley and they had a great week together! This is our second year going to that church for Bible school and just love the program that they put on. (Our church does VBS the same week but late in the evenings so this works better for us. Mt. Olive is the church home of Mark's brother and his wife)

Wednesday they had a face painter at VBS!
Annabeth chose to have a cute cat face 

- Owen and I enjoyed four mornings to ourselves this week! Even though we mostly ran errands, played at home, and played at Mt. Olive's playground it was really fun to have him all to myself! Wednesday we went to the post to mail books and a farmer was picking up his baby chicks. He let Owen see and touch them which was so fun! We also had diggers working on our street that day so he and I ate snacks in the shade and watched the machines work.

- We received our last box of freebies from Pinchme.com. This months samples included mayonnaise, as well as a coupon for free mayo, shampoo/conditioner, and band-aids. I love getting PinchMe boxes in the mail and knowing that I have free goodies coming my way! I also have two magazine subscriptions completely free through PinchMe. Sign up today for yours here

- Thursday morning, Mark and Owen stayed home while I took Annabeth to VBS. I spent the morning out ALONE! I browsed two of my favorite Goodwill stores. My best score was a boutique brand (that I love!!) sweater for just $4! I found 7 shirts for me, 4 for Annabeth, and 3 for Owen ALL FOR $40!!!

We are looking forward to a great weekend - celebrating the wedding of Shelby and Toby and church at Mt. Olive. Mark is looking forward to a weekend hike with scouts.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: