Friday, December 28, 2018

Frugal Friday 276

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday, Mark attended our city employee Christmas luncheon. He said they had a very nice lunch, were each gifted a very nice city logo umbrella, and Mark's door prize had $40 in giftcards to various places to eat around town!

 The kids very much enjoyed the Christmas Dinner put
on by the Franklin Police Department
Photo Credits: Belle Amie Photography

- We did a deep clean of both kids' rooms. I think I worked about six hours between the two rooms. But they are completely organized and four trash bags left the house as donations, recycling, or trash. Each of the kids had also outgrown some of what was in their dressers so I organized all of that for the sale tote and got out larger sizes from their grow into totes. It was a TON of work but I love having it done! We also worked about two hours in the school room.

- We finished the book of Luke. We set a family goal to read a chapter a day leading up to Christmas Eve. We missed a few evenings but did catch up and finished Chapter 24 on Christmas Eve before church.

- Mark worked overtime and I wrapped up end of the year business with my Usborne Books & More business.

- We had a simple, fun Saturday last week. Mark worked so the kids and I cleaned house, went to the library for a huge new stack of books (Annabeth is into King Tut right now so we're exploring Egypt at the moment), and then had breakfast at Don and Donna's - made affordable by the fact that they include drinks with the buffet and Owen is free! We enjoyed an afternoon of Christmas movies and once Mark was home we ate freezer pizza and all four played Apples to Apples Disney. The kids were so much fun! Owen lost interest after the first game so he just ran circles around the game table screaming while we played again.

- We enjoyed multiple church services leading into Christmas as well as many days with Mark's family. I am so thankful for our church family and our family.

- The children received many great games for Christmas and we enjoyed playing them each evening after dinner. The kids quickly learned that Mark is a game master and he is especially great at detective style games (surprise, surprise as he is a trained investigator, haha!) like Guess Who? and Clue.

- I rearranged our living room and breakfast room. I have completely turned the breakfast room into the kids' toy area. Our living room no longer has toys spilling everywhere! We are so excited to have, for the first time in this house, a kids' living space and an adult living space.

- I had to run to Meijer for a quick pick up of necessities I had accidentally left off the grocery list last week. I scored a few items on Christmas Clearance 50% off - 2 rolls of wrapping paper (each of our kids' gifts are wrapped in their own paper on Christmas morning) and a toothpaste/2 toothbrush set for $3! Just the toothpaste would usually be about that much so I felt like I got the toothbrushes free.

- Now that I have a fancy smartphone, I decided to finally use the Ibotta grocery app. My sister-in-law is an amazing couponer/app user and I am learning from her! Join Here.

We are looking forward to a busy weekend celebrating Christmas with more family!

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: