Monday, June 24, 2019

"Cool Mom" Date with Owen

This week Annabeth is at VBS so I planned some fun things to do with just Owen.

We kicked off the week with a "Cool Mom" date - Target and Chic-Fil-A. Nearly every stay at home mom, and lots of working moms, I know love to play at Target and Chic-Fil-A but we never do either. I see Pinterest boards, blogs, and moms groups filled with Target sayings and memes so I decided to see what all of the hype was about.

Date Day with Mr. O 

Stop One: Target

We don't often go to Target. Our nearest Target is a town away, a 20 minute drive that I just don't think to make very often. Owen still had a $10 gift card from Christmas so we went to spend that. We did wander a bit, their party decor and stationary aisle is a place I could spend LOTS of money. Owen is a quick, decisive kind of kid and chose his toys in about 4 minutes. I did a quick walk through the clearance sections in each of our sizes but passed on everything - $20.40 is NOT a clearance price in my mind! We checked out spending just his $10 gift card + tax.

Was it fun? Yes. It was great to be out with just Owen and to have him all to myself.
Was it something I want to spend hours doing? Nope. I just don't feel that Target love.

Picking out his toys.
He chose a vampire man from "Super Monsters" 
and a police SUV with a trailer and boat. I was impressed with how well
he spent his $10. 

 Entertaining himself while I flipped through
the women's clearance section.

Stop Two: Chic-Fil-A

I honestly don't think  have ever been inside a Chic-Fil-A since it is not Annabeth-Safe. It was as clean and the employees just as nice as everyone says.

Owen loved the play place, his food, and redeeming his free ice cream coupon from the library Summer Reading program. The free ice cream was our reason for having lunch there and it was well worth it - it was awesome! I also enjoyed a frozen coffee - yum! I was also impressed with the price as we spent less than $15 on fast food that was really quite good. 

Owen's Lunch - Water, fries, and a fruit cup
He was very pleased. 

 Free ice cream! 
Thank you JCPL and Chic-Fil-A

As a homeschool mama, I don't have many "play mornings" out and I have to say, this was pretty fun!
I am looking forward to a week of play mornings with just O this week!


No comments: