Friday, June 28, 2019

Frugal Friday 299

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday my dad was in town, he took the kids out geocaching and to the museum for the morning. I enjoyed a quiet morning getting things done around the house. We made homemade pizza for lunch before he drove home.

- Saturday we enjoyed a family reunion for Mark's family in Greenfield. The kids absolutely loved playing with all of their cousins and Mark and I had a good time catching up with the adults. We took pasta salad and fresh fruit as our contribution to the pitch in. We came home with a veggie tray and package of rolls - both Annabeth's choices and she was thrilled.

- Sunday after church, I drove down to Columbus and had lunch and dessert with my best friend. It was so good to see her, and her youngest son, and to catch up in person. She will be moving even further away later this summer so we're trying to soak up as many visits as we can before then.

- Sunday afternoon Mark did a deep clean of his closet and the kids and I did a deep clean of the school room. Annabeth has begun asking to start school soon so I knew I needed to get the summer mess cleaned out so I can set up for school in the near future.

- We checked out two games from our library's Library of Things. The kids and I enjoyed Animal Upon Animal and Mark and I played many rounds of Codenames. Our game was really fun and we hope to check out again to play with a group.  

- Annabeth enjoyed morning VBS at Mt. Olive this week. This is her third year going and she just loves it more and more each year! Our home church hosts a late evening VBS which just doesn't work for us so we are so thankful for Mt. Olive and their commitment to providing a daytime VBS to the community.

- Owen and I enjoyed a "cool mom date" and redeemed a $10 Target gift card and free ice cream from Chick-Fil-A.

- Tuesday was the first day in forever without rain!!! We played outside, got out Owen's new birthday sprinkler, blew bubbles, rode bikes, and just generally loved an entire afternoon and evening outside!!

Mr. O is SO happy to have been cleared by the doctor
and can return to normal. He was excited to return to "scootering"
Tuesday night he found a big stick to wave around while growling.

- We visited and enjoyed free play at three libraries this week - Franklin, White River, and Greenwood. I LOVE our local libraries! So much fun for free!

We had such a great week and I really enjoyed one-on-one time with Owen each morning. As a homeschool family, that is one thing that I do feel both the kids and I have missed out on. If Annabeth was going to brick and mortar school, I would have all my days one-on-one with Owen. I am so thankful for have her home and for us learning together as a family but a week of something different was also very special and fun.

We are looking forward to a quiet weekend with just two commitments on the calendar. 

Happy Savings to All! 

No comments: