Friday, June 14, 2019

Frugal Friday 297

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money this week:

- Last Friday night we enjoyed a dance rehearsal of one of Annabeth's friends. She enjoyed getting to watch her friend do something she loved. One of the biggest things I am hoping to instill in the kids is that letting someone else shine, have a moment, doesn't take anything away from us or our moments - we can all sparkle.

- Last weekend we had two birthday parties. We gave gifts all purchased through my Usborne Books & More business, with coupons, or from fundraisers.

- We scored an AWESOME deal on Mark's Father's Day gift. The item was on a special at Meijer for 20% off + $20 coupon off next purchase. I also had a coupon for $15 off $75+ order. Thus I saved $35 on the item! I used the $20 off my next purchase as a second transaction to buy an accessory to go with it. The kids and I are so excited for this surprise!

- While at the store, we also scored some awesome deals in the clearance section. We are staying in a hotel next month. They have free breakfast and dinner snacks but we'll need to take lunches. The kids love those microwave macaroni and cheese cups and I found them for $.40/each (Annie's organic brand) so I snagged all that they had. Since we do not have a microwave at home this is a real treat for the kids!

- We stopped at Starbucks one afternoon for a treat. I used my Mother's Day gift card and got a coffee for me and cake pops for the kids.

- Tuesday night we enjoyed Travel Club at our local library. This month we "went" to Ireland. It's nice that as Owen gets older he is able to sit and enjoy these programs more.

- Tuesday night we also had a camp out in the living room. The kids slept on the air mattress, I slept on the couch. They loved it!

 Hanging out during the movie
Our living room is the brightest room in our house and this 
was taken around 8:00 with no lights on
It's no wonder they didn't fall asleep until 10 or so

Early morning snuggles and Garfield reading

- Wednesday night we had our budget meeting for next year's dance season. I really appreciate how well our studio lays out fees well ahead of time. As a family on a budget, we plan very carefully for this expensive travel sport.

- Thursday morning Annabeth enjoyed a science class at one of the local libraries. We also turned in Summer Reading minutes (I finished and earned a water bottle) and activities (the kids and I earned coupons for places around town)

- Thursday afternoon our best friends came to play! We love summer when we can see the Eblings as much as possible!

We are looking forward to Annabeth's dance recital, a birthday party, and Father's Day!
We are so thankful for the families that the Lord gave us - for our grandfathers who are all Home now but who taught us so very much, for our fathers who have been such a source of leadership in our lives, for the gift of our children making Mark a father, and most of all for our Heavenly Father from whom all blessings flow. 

Happy Savings to All! 


No comments: