Friday, August 16, 2019

Frugal Friday 305

Happy Frugal Friday!

Here is how we saved money/spent money wisely/made extra money:

- The kids and I spent a long weekend in Evansville/Owensboro with my family. We enjoyed playing outside, eating lots of pizza, and doing a paint your own pottery session. My parents treated us to lots of fun and also used giftcards and coupons to help save on costs. We spent Sunday afternoon out at the lake house and we all enjoyed the peace and quiet there.

- Mark stayed home from the trip as he was on call at Franklin as well as the Coroner's Office. He did some work around the house and did a small grocery trip - around $70 for the upcoming week. He also came home for lunch each shift this week. We all ate at home all meals this week.

- Monday morning our neighbor brought over homemade cookies. She made them for Annabeth since she has been pulling their weeds all summer.

- Tuesday we had friends over to play. I have not been as diligent about scheduled play dates for Owen as I was with Annabeth and that is one of my goals for PreK.

- Tuesday and Wednesday we made homemade bread. We also made homemade Kluskies (for soup),  edible chocolate chip cookie dough, and chocolate chip cookies this week. We at the edible cookie dough as a treat for movie night one night.

- Wednesday Mark worked a funky night shift. We enjoyed having him home in the morning as we played games and pushed school until the afternoon. After school, we went to the library to get new books and then played at the park. The kids found a fun group of kids and Annabeth helped organize a game of freeze-tag-hide-and-go-seek. Since Mark was working, we had movie night that night and watched one of Owen's favorites, Sing while eating the edible cookie dough.


Park play in her fancy dress.
I love my sweet girl

- I got ALL of my items ready for the Here We Grow Again Fall Sale. I also got my first express tagging items done. I have a pick-up next week as well and am hoping that she will be as organized as my first lady.

- Yesterday the kids had Saddle Club. I was glad to see that they enjoyed it as much the second week as they did the first. While it will be a bit of extra money/month over what we were paying for activities last school year, they kids are getting a really incredible horse lesson each week and meeting new friends in the process. We all feel so calm and happy when we leave the horse barn.

 Pre-ride grooming session for Rusty the horse

Owen rode both the larger horse Rusty
and this sweet pony called Fiona
He is in love with horses!

We are looking forward to a great weekend filled with lots of summertime fun! I'm not quite ready for pumpkins and cold weather yet.

Happy Savings to All!


No comments: